gold butte run Sat April 17th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK gold butte run Sat April 17th

meet 8 am leave 8:30 AM at the loves truck stop at I-15 and US93 at exit 64

Love's Travel Stop # 34012501 Apex Great Basin Way
Las Vegas, Nevada 89105

Hi everyone,
The SNLC run for this month will be held on April 17, 2010. We will be going to explore the Little Finland Area near Gold Butte, which is near Mesquite. We will be meeting at the new Love's Truck Stop which is at the intersection of I-15 and US-93 towards Alamo. Take I-15 north out of Las Vegas past Apex to exit 64. Take the off-ramp and turn left under the freeway, the Love's is on the Northwest corner of Apex Rd and US 93 (you can see it from the Freeway). We will be leaving from the Love's at 8:30 AM.

The run will involve some fairly easy trails and a 1/4 to 1/2 mile hike to get to where we can see the interesting rock formations of Little Finland. Male sure you bring a lunch, chairs, extra water for a hike. We will be gone most of the day.
Steve S. SNLC pres.

What is the approximate round trip mileage on this run? I am interested in going!

James

Mileage to Gold Butte, Nevada

I checked my GPS track from when we did this run last October. From our house near Decatur and Sahara, we traveled a total of 270 miles. I know it sounds like quite a bit of driving. The drive to Mesquite is approximately 90 miles and then we will fuel up while we are in Mesquite. The drive from Mesquite up to the Gold Butte area, is a total of about 60-70 miles. You should make sure you have enough fuel to go at least 100 miles on the highway and at least 70-80 miles off road. The road to Gold Butte is paved for about 30 miles or so and the rest is dirt or gravel. The 4 wheeling is going to be very easy. It can be done in 2 wheel drive.

If you have any other questions, let me know and i will try to answer them. I will be quite busy tomorrow, my Mom just had knee surgery and is in the hospital right now.

See you all on Saturday (I hope). We will have fun.

Steve Syzdek

Sorry I could not make it...... I got a leak on my rear diff and I am not sure how long I can constantly drive on it. I will have it all fixed up here in the near future and will make a run to meet up with you guys!

Some pics from the run...

Here are mine.... Las Vegas Hikes Gallery - SNLC Gold Butte April 2010

web_CRW_0128.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom