Going Weber (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Make sure you know someone that knows Webers I had the 38/38 DEGAS on my 85 mini. Today it still has problems with fuel.... I guess thats what I get for trying to install it my self (I know nothing about any carb)

J. you shouldn't need anything else except a screw or stick to stop up a couple vacuum lines that might be sucking air. The kit looks good. And quite complete. The under Three bill price tag can't be beat either. Let me know if you like it or not. I've run a few Webers on my Toys over the years and have never had a problem with them. I believe the last one I had was a DGV 32/36. It was mounted in my 71 corolla coupe with the 2TC 1600 Hemi. I've run into the triple digit speeds on the Ouachita Mountain roads many times. Super quik excelleration and lots of top end power. Don't know bout the 34/34, but Webers have been very good to me.
As long as its not a progressive carb, your milage might increase, if you can keep your foot off the skinny peddle. If not, it'll keep you smiling for miles with the perfomance gain.:steer:

I've been running the 34/34 from Jt outfitter's for about 10 year's now, on three of my truck's. Installed about a dozen on other's with no problem's.I went to propane when the weber's did'nt like to run over 70 degree inline's. It is like bolting on a 4 barrel to the toy. pickup's. But I never had good luck on the cruiser's...LOL any problem's with them Joe or John with JT can help with.....

that kit does not have a fuel filter. so they lied. its not everything you need. they give you the hoses, for cryin out loud

also depending on the choke set up you got now, if you got the coolant choke just slap a union in ther and run a wire from your + on your coil to the choke.

grab a pencil and wind the wire around it and pull out the pencil for a trick look on that wire

i hear orileys bought out shucks/cragen/checker....

Heya JONNYFJ, would that 38/38 you put on your truck be a progressive carb. I guess I'm asking if both barrels open at the same time or does one open to a given point upon throttle movement before the second barrel opens. If both actuate at the same time, this could be your problem, Not enough motor for the carb.
I'v run many two stage webbers and never had an issue.

Hey J, I just looked at their site and noticed they offer the 32/36 Webber kit for a few more bucks. This is same unit I've used on every four banger I've owned, save for one I'm driving now. when my stock ASIN goes bad I'm going with this one. Smaller primary and ample secondary. Word!

Last edited:
Heya JONNYFJ, would that 38/38 you put on your truck be a progressive carb. I guess I'm asking if both barrels open at the same time or does one open to a given point upon throttle movement before the second barrel opens. If both actuate at the same time, this could be your problem, Not enough motor for the carb.
I'v run many two stage webbers and never had an issue.

Hey J, I just looked at their site and noticed they offer the 32/36 Webber kit for a few more bucks. This is same unit I've used on every four banger I've owned, save for one I'm driving now. when my stock ASIN goes bad I'm going with this one. Smaller primary and ample secondary. Word!

I wish I could tell you like I said above I know nothing about carbs I bought it from a place called buggyworld in San Antonio. My friend and I put it on and tuned it. He is a BMW mech. Please don't think I am bad mouthing Weber.... The are probably the best small engine after market carb out there.

JonnyFJ, See if your BMW mechanic could bust it open and re jet it. Smaller jets might do it. Heck, if nothing else, sell the 38/38 and get one of the 34/34 or the 32/36. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom