Going up and out (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Going from my 33 swampers to 35's or so.
Anyone care to give me the down and dirty lift to fit them in?
The only rule from the bill payer, is she does not want the front fenders trimed. here is the kicker, I hope to fit a crawl box in at the same time so I need roughly 6 inches of wheel base. SOA ? Probably. my biggest question is the rear springs, to use FJ60 and move the hanger back. Will a stock hight FJ40 front spring be pretty close in height? Any Ideas, Ive researched my brain dead to make a decession

Semper Fi
Kerry

If you want to stay spring under, a 4" lift and trimming the rear fenders will fit the 35's. Skyjacker seems to be the low cost lift of choice.
SOA, can be done for about the same if you do all of the work yourself. You may still have to trim the rear fenders.
In either case, I don't think you will have to trim the front fenders.
As for the gearing, another option that should be avail by the end of the month is the orion t'case by Advance adapters (no affiliation). Cast iron replacement t'case with 4:1 gearing.

[quote author=ruftoy link=board=1;threadid=12834;start=msg118161#msg118161 date=1078881626]
Going from my 33 swampers to 35's or so.
Anyone care to give me the down and dirty lift to fit them in?
The only rule from the bill payer, is she does not want the front fenders trimed. here is the kicker, I hope to fit a crawl box in at the same time so I need roughly 6 inches of wheel base. SOA ? Probably. my biggest question is the rear springs, to use FJ60 and move the hanger back. Will a stock hight FJ40 front spring be pretty close in height? Any Ideas, Ive researched my brain dead to make a decession

Semper Fi
Kerry
[/quote]

SOA FJ60 rears TJ flairs BLING post up pics too :D

I just put a 4 inch lift on my fj40 and 35's fit great no fender trimming needed. although i am going to trim just because and so i can put my yj flares on.

Charlie, post some pics... I'm going to a 4" lift and may consider 35's as well.

Jody.

Ok here is a pic.. Yeah yeah driveway shot but i am waiting to get my wheel spacers. backspacing on wheels in front is right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom