Builds Going to the Dark side 60 Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You remember the specs of the lokar shifter? I will be ordering one for my 350/4l80 swap here soon and wasnt sure on the height of the shifter.
I am running a Turbo 350 next time I am home I can see if i still have the paperwork. I think they were all the same as far as height. I am really happy with it

IMG_20190117_145023221.jpg

If I remember correctly, mine is a 16"? I'm mated to a 4L65E. Does that make sense?

Floor. It uses the cable assembly.

Good to know! I will be doing the cable as well. Wasn't sure how tall to get it to match the stock shifter look. I think the 12" or 16" is from the bend on up so i can get a good idea that way. Just wanted to ask around before pulling the trigger. Also, you end up getting the boot kit that shows what gear you are in?

Good to know! I will be doing the cable as well. Wasn't sure how tall to get it to match the stock shifter look. I think the 12" or 16" is from the bend on up so i can get a good idea that way. Just wanted to ask around before pulling the trigger. Also, you end up getting the boot kit that shows what gear you are in?

Negative. I'm fine without it And while it required an adjustment via the cable or two, I am really happy with that shifter.

FWIW my old 88 fj62 that had the 4L60 in it, the floor mounted lokar at 16 inches felt a little too long for my liking. Personal preference of course but if I had to do it again I would probably go with the 12 in a floor mounted configuration

Last edited:
Love this build . If I ever get another 60 I think I would strongly consider an old school SBC and keep it all mechanical and simple. The LS sure is sweet and reliable .. but something about that Old raw chunk of v8 iron in their is so cool

This have been moving along on the 60. Were running a Sniper fuel injection kit now and what a difference. Smooth and tons of power. Yesterday my buddy Bob and Brooks came over and helped me mount the RTT I used a piece of aluminum angle iron to hard mount the awning. We are about ready to start planning some Road trips in the near future.

IMG_20200728_101826611_2.jpg

IMG_20200728_101840112.jpg

IMG_20200728_101902484.jpg

IMG_20200728_101914401_HDR.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom