Going to part out a BJ74 in US (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,
I'm going to be bringing in a 87-89 Bj74 to the US soon to part out the drive train for my 60 series swap. I'm trying to figure out what interest there is for parts off this rig. I don't have it yet but should in a couple months. so i guess i'd be parting it out early spring.

i'm plan on keeping the following:
motor/tranny/
wheels/tires/
winch (?)
wiring harness
brakes
birfields
pretty much anything swapable to a 60 series

I will have no real need for any body parts/axles (FF most likely)/most interior components.

I'd love to get rid of the thing in as few parts as possible (ie i'll help you load it on your trailer here in Moscow, Idaho)

My goal with this post is to figure out my end cost since i'm financially strapped right now. If you are interested and can give me an idea of what you'd pay for the parts that'd be great.

The truck will be a low mileage BJ74 with the typical low wear of japanese rigs. the frame will have been cut so unless you have a frame shop nearby it won't be useful.

thanks,
mike

WIth all due respect, if you can get in a 74 you are fawking NUTS for parting it out!

I have an HZJ60 myself, and I'd kill for a 74. You know how much profit you could make just by

selling it?

Just buy a 13BT and tranny from Sheldon at G&S Cruisers.

http://gscruiserparts.com/index.html

TB :p :banana: :whoops:

I'm with HZJ60_GUY. Most of what you're looking for can be had from a rust bucket Ontario/Quebec BJ60 for MUCH less than a pristine BJ74 from Japan. OK, it won't have the PTO winch or the 13BT engine or full floater rear (if the BJ74 has that) but a 3B with AXT turbo is a decent engine and parts are more readily available on this continent.
Remember the wiring harness will be right hand, meaning all the instrument stuff will need to be run over to the left side, more work with greater chance of errors!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom