Going to need a new bumper - what do you suggest! Modular build 1 piece at a time. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So one of my sons had a little run in with another vehicle this week and the cruiser will need a new bumper and reinforcement. Assuming this will be about $600 or so that insurance will be willing to pay for the used bumper assembly and paint, what do you suggest as a bumper only replacement that is modular for additions later?

If I did not have a daughter getting married I would go ahead and spring for a full bumper and tire carrier but that is not in the cards just yet.

Photos of just your bumper only would be great for comparison so I can see what is possible.

Thanks in advance.

insured left rear 3.jpg

IMG_20200609_231821_693.jpg

ARB is modular and you can purchase the bumper and swings separately.

Bump It Offroad will set you back about $1000 without swingarms, and like the ARB...they can be added later. Less money if you don't want it powder coated and want to paint it yourself.

Bump It Offroad will set you back about $1000 without swingarms, and like the ARB...they can be added later. Less money if you don't want it powder coated and want to paint it yourself.

Bump it said it was to hard to add swing arms later as they are welded on. I had emailed them earlier this week.

Think that you can also add swingouts and other accessories later for the Ironman and Dissent Offroad later down the road.

You could get a Dissent Offroad No cut rear without the swing outs. contact @benc

Bump it said it was to hard to add swing arms later as they are welded on. I had emailed them earlier this week.
It's hard to add the swing-out spindles after the fact, not the swing outs. Have him build with the spindles.... add swing-outs later. Obviously, there will be an additional cost upfront.

Thanks for all the replies and looking into options. These things are tanks. Other than a little bit of quarter damage below the tail light, only the tail light and bumper cover are damaged. I got underneath at the body shop and that is all empty space behind that corner of the bumper. It does not appear that the support was damaged at all. Tail lamp assy, OEM bumper cover, bumper reflector, a small amount of repair on the corner and paint only $1566. Good thing I am an insurance agent and have good coverage!!

Just to show anyone who does not believe in these things and why I have let me kids all drive this vehicle with 188,000 miles on it (it is my baby after all)...….this is the other car. Both backing in a parking lot so very little speed involved.

Claimant left rear 1.jpg

Too bad your too far for me. I have my old bumper cover you’d just have to paint it

Thanks for all the replies and looking into options. These things are tanks. Other than a little bit of quarter damage below the tail light, only the tail light and bumper cover are damaged. I got underneath at the body shop and that is all empty space behind that corner of the bumper. It does not appear that the support was damaged at all. Tail lamp assy, OEM bumper cover, bumper reflector, a small amount of repair on the corner and paint only $1566. Good thing I am an insurance agent and have good coverage!!

Just to show anyone who does not believe in these things and why I have let me kids all drive this vehicle with 188,000 miles on it (it is my baby after all)...….this is the other car. Both backing in a parking lot so very little speed involved.

View attachment 2336707

you gotta show the cruiser too.

I got the Dissent on mine and I don't see any complications with getting just the bumper and adding swingouts later.

The repair estimate will come out to much more than $600 as the sheet metal is dented.

You could get a Paintless Dent Removal (PDR) person out there to get 90% of that dent out for $100-200... and at a later time if desired.

This might be the route I end up taking. Just getting the Dissent rear bumper minus swing outs. Had one previously and really liked it, but not sure I want to deal with the swing out again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom