Going to look at a 40 tommorow

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by mooker82, Aug 6, 2005.

1. mooker82

mooker82

So I was at the cable company paying my bill today and I return to my Bronco to find a guy staring through the windows. This made me nervous for a minute considering I leave my keys in the ignition most times. The guy turned out to be a nice guy and we talked for a few min about my Bronco. He said he saw a nice one for sale and gave me the address. Went to look at it and it turns out to be a pretty nice 40. Turned out nobody was home so I got the number and called later. 77 with a guesstimated 150,000 miles for $1200. Im excited to take it for a test drive tommorow. Any specifics to look out for? Parts that are expensive if they are not there? I just want something to play around with and dont want to sink a ton of $$$ into it. Posting this in chat because its not too much tech, just wanting to share my excitement. :D
    Steven

2. fsusteve

fsusteve

Media:
    Albums:
    Good year, if not too rusty or stripped could be a really good deal.

3. incogrhino

incogrhino

"and dont want to sink a ton of $$$ into it. "

That hasta be the funniest line......
    Congrats...Hope it works out.

4. mooker82

mooker82

Checked it out and there are a few problems. It will not shift out of 1st gear for some reason. I think it is related to the linkage but would like to check it out again. Runs great at idle and in 1st gear though. In a way im glad that it had a potentially major problem. If it ran perfect I would have bought it today and would suffer hell for the next few weeks from my girl for buying a car while she was gone. Going to look again on Monday and see if I can come up with anything on the transmission linkage.

5. LoveTractor

LoveTractor

Media:
    Albums:
    Where is it? :flipoff2:
    It's not that green one on Ruby is it? If Doug went behind my back, I'll kill 'em.

6. mooker82

mooker82

Nope. Did not know about that one. So where is ithat one located. Ive got the itch for a new project.

7. PabloCruise

PabloCruise SILVER Star

Could be the clutch is shot - no biggie...

8. beaufort-fj60

beaufort-fj60

Media:
    Albums:

I'll take it, where is it. Still having a hard time believing someone in Charleston would sell it at the price you mentioned. did they have a title? How rusty was it?

9. mooker82

mooker82

Really rusty inside but body is not horrible. You could Fred Flintstone the brakes because the floorboards are pretty much gone on the DS. No title but it has not been on the road in 3 years. They have a bill of sale. I need to check out how much it will cost to register and if I can. Beaufort if I decide against it I will PM you the contact info if you want.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.