Going to go do Goose Lake Trail tomorrow in Cooke city (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey I'm going to do Goose Lake Trail tomorrow in Cooke City, Thought I'd post here just to let people in the area know. It's kind of short notice but anyones welcome to come, I'll be in my 80, factory locked FR, 285s, lifted 3". Another fellow mudder may come - then we'll have a second 80 on 285s and He has a winch.

We're going to meet at Soda Butte Lodge/Prospector Restaurant 11:00 AM - if there's no parking there then the Exxon station next to the Lodge or worst case scenario just look for either of us, both Emerald Green 80 series with bumpers(ARB/TJM).

If you want PM me and I'll send you my phone # as well. I'll check again in the AM before I leave.

Hey Larry - yea I did take some pictures just on my phone, the other mudder had a camera with a few lenses and he got some really cool shots but he doesn't have internet at the moment other than his phone so I'll see what I can get from him. I'm out and about right now but I'll post a few good shots when I get home later!

We ended up exploring another road first(FS 3223 I believe) that we got some really awesome views from and then got onto Goose Lake Road but we took our time and didn't make it all the way to the end. We decided to turn around before the end in favor of having some light to drive home in. Was an awesome day and we both agreed that it would've been awesome to take the night up there at goose lake and then drive down the next day.

Not going to bombard you with too many photos but here's a few in a gallery! Sorry it took me so long, real life decided to get in the way:censor:

Click Me

The first three are from FS 3223 which I would really like to explore more, seemed like a great road with awesome views. Rest are from the Goose Lake Trail and one in Cooke City obviously,

Thanks for posting the pics. I would like to start exploring a lot more too. Can you describe a little more of the road as far as vehicle requirements, toughest sections, and ground clearance or locker needs? Thanks!

You don't need lockers but its easier with them in a coupla of places, 33 inch tires, not to difficult just a fun trail, good fishing, lots of water. I attached some old pics road is much rougher now.

old stufrf 001resize.jpg

cooke city o78resize.jpg

old stufrf 076.jpg

Like brew8 said, 33s are a pretty good recommendation. The other mudder and I both have 285/75s which are equivalent to a 33 and we didn't have too much trouble as long as we picked somewhat of a smart line. One or two spots we got out and spotted for one another just to make sure we didn't get hung up on anything. Could probably make it with 31s or 32s but you might have to get creative in some spots with the lines you pick.

I was in 4L/4Hi most of the time with center diff unlocked. I would like to go back again to explore FS 3223 more and spend a night up at the last lake some time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom