Going to BHCC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am set up to go the the BHCC if they have it. Got the time off and even conned my brother into going. I will call DTC when I get back on the 22nd and see if it still a go.

Gary

And I can't go with Eric in August.

Lance, Alex and I are also going up. We will probably get there on Monday. Rhonda Mum said the locals will be there on Wed. So the smaller event is a go. Anyone else going?

we are going

My wife Debbie, my 83 year young father (Knox), his 79 year young bride (June), and the new to me '95 stock 80 are all going... staying a two different B&B's... will be arriving on Sunday the 24th... need to spend a day with Jacki working out some new TLCA bookkeeping procedures... and Wednesday evening we are doing the train ride from hill city to keystone and back...

see you all there...

cell phones doen't work the greatest in the hills.. but here's mine anyway...
515-314-3255

I will not be attending, but was there over the 4th of July. I am not sure what the agenda is, but if one has time I suggest the following: There is a map that is very popular up there that shows the area routes. Grab one. Take the dirt roads as much as possible- great scenery and no tourism traffic. (We even got to see buffalo a couple of times by doing this!) In particular, there is a route 336/343 that lets you go to the top of Cicero Peak. It is not terribly difficult to navigate, but is a great place to view the region from atop. It is due west of Custer State Park. Hope you have a great time and send pics.

Just got off the phone with Lance Asher.. They broke a pitman arm and relay rod assembly.. Sent em to the junkyard with the proper list of donor vehicles! He'll give me a better update later.. He was in Rapid City SD, only place with cell service...

My brother and I had a great time! We saw lots of folks - you'll have to ask Casey about the DTC school of runnig board modification.

We ran full size on Friday and ran the Buzzworms on Saturday. Saturday was fantastic. We had 5 rigs and wheeled from 10:30AM until 6:30PM non stop. Once again I am reminded why I think SD has the best wheeling I have ever participated in.

There were about 50 rigs present with MN, CO, and Canada well represented.

Gary

I called Shannon Thursday afternoon and asked if she would mind if I went up to SD that night to help Lance & Debie with their pitman arm woes. She thought I was joking (I wasn't). I guess you just don't joke about something like that with a pregnant person.

As it was I ended up doing the mudathon at our county fair. Didn't get last, that's all I can say. Not really interested in doing it again, but it was good to get that out of my system.

It would have been great to see you show up. The only thing that could have made Saturday better was if youse guys would have been along so we could talk about it next time we are around the camp fire.

Did your 2F get the tires spinning fast enough? The only mud bogs I have seen were very deep and very muddy.

Gary

I ran it in 2nd gear high. Made it 1/2 way down - floored the whole time, but tires bogged down and killed it. I wonder what would have happened if I was in 2nd or 3rd low... I actually had more mud in the rig from our weekend at Asher's - still took me about an hour with a hi-pressure hose to get 95% of it cleaned up. There are some nice chunks on the street which dropped off overnight.

We had a blast in SD. Alex drove on Calamity Canyon and on Raspberry Ridge. Climbed over some boulders and up and down steep trails. She had a blast and got some great experience. We drove on upper Buzzworm where towards the end I broke the pitman arm. Better there than on the highway. I drove Betsy pulling the popup camper. The next day while Lance was tracking down parts on the second trip to Rapid he sent Alex and I out in his cruiser where I took on the second section of Jake. Then on Friday we went out with Casey on Raspberry Ridge , ya I heard he removed those running boards afterward. On Saturday we went to Dugans Prospector. I must say we had the best time wheeling. And we are definately going back next year. We really missed all our friends from here, hope you all can go with us next year. :crybaby:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom