going to be first time owner of FJ62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hi, everyone

I am new to this forum. I am getting a 1988 FJ from Illinois and will be shipped to NY soon. I am a long time Jaguar owner. this is my first ever FJ62.

anything I should watch out? I plan to have a full new seat, carpet and lift kit once I have the TLC in hand.

Welcome to the forum. Gotta post pics 🤨. Hoping your cruiser arrives without issue.

as for what to watch for….do the maintenance. Buy a copy of the FSM (Factory service manual) if you are able to do your own work or maintenance. Check and change all the fluids. Depends on the condition it was sold In Etc.

It was nice to see where mine was leaking fluids when I brought her home. Sort of guided my efforts starting 6 months ago. Welcome!

Watch out for rust.

I will second the suggestion to "baseline" your vehicle before anything else. In other words, insure it's in proper working order and all maintenance is up to date.
Upholstery is important for comfort, lift kit not so much. Unless you're planning to make it an off roader, my advise is to NOT lift it.

Here is the video taken from the seller for me.

I am kind of mechanical knowledge and have been owning Jaguar for years so not afraid of repairing. Nothing is more headache than jags

I have a good mechanic in town. I will have him getting hands dirty for me.

Welcome to the insantiy :flipoff2: videois wayyyy to short to offer any opinion...IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom