Going from SOA to SUA question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, I am hoping from the amount of knowledge here someone has already been where I am headed. My rig is currently SOA with a shackle revesal (OEM parts, not rock finders) and I planning to remove the SOA and go back SUA.
My question is, am I going to have weird steering geometery issues or anything? Is my pinion angle going to be all outta whack?
I have been staring at the truck trying to figures these things and I just doing want to open a huge can of worms right now.

Thanks for the help in advance.......

I guess it depends on if your axle housing has been cut and turned. If so, then I would suspect you would throw all connections, and caster back out of whack when you return it...

I guess I forgot to mention that I am going to putting "new" stock housing back under the rig at the same time being that I did cut and turn the front axle

Sounds like fun. So how did you "stroke" the 2F? Custom crank? John

You are gonna have to cut off the spring perches and weld on new ones to compensate for the shackle reversal. The caster and pinion angle at that point are up to you.

Without the "rock finders" you're going to have to reweld the perches and cut and turn the housing.

If you want to leave the housing stock, you're going to have to undo the shackle reversal. This is what I would do if going back to SUA.

After having both SUA and SOA, I wouldn't go back to SUA, especially not with lift springs. SOA is cushy. :steer:

that red 40 will never look the same......for me,1 of the best 40's with few mods that's looks great.

Thanks Eshu:cheers:

I just don't wheel the truck anymore and feel like the spring over isn't what I want on my nice weather daily driver. I feel that the SUA is much more stable at speed on the highway...... maybe it's just the bias ply swampers.......

Find a budy with nice 35 to "test drive" first I also would never go back but I run "street"mudders. But on to your question it isn't a bolt in job but if you swap the pearches I don't think it would need a CNT too but it may

post a pic of that red 40 again ...just for stare the newbies..:lol:

'' I feel that the SUA is much more stable at speed on the highway''
i drove 45 in the slow lane..i need time to wave hands to the others...

The easy way to do this is to start with a stock OEM frame, springs and axles and swap the other stuff on. Then you can sell your SoA frame and axles to someone who wants that kind of set up.

The easy way to do this is to start with a stock OEM frame, springs and axles and swap the other stuff on. Then you can sell your SoA frame and axles to someone who wants that kind of set up.

I think I am on the wrong coast for that........ not many of us cruiser heads up here in the NorthEast.

Besides, then it turns into an issue with VIN numbers and the like.

Maybe I'll just keep her the way she is for now and enjoy life in the slow lane....:steer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom