Going down a new path (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I maranta two tanks in the 80 but yeah that counts too. That Challenger with a SC must be a blast
Yeah it is, but I baby it. She lives in the garage. 2015, over 740hp, only has 10,000 miles. Don't think I ever took it over 100mph. Babied

Yeah it is, but I baby it. She lives in the garage. 2015, over 740hp, only has 10,000 miles. Don't think I ever took it over 100mph. Babied
What?! I've pushed my Avalon to over 130 and you haven't played in the triple digits in that thing. That's just disrespectful lol

It's how long it takes you to get to 100MPH that counts :)

740HP is some serious power. Real easy to get out of shape in a hurry. I know my reflexes are not what they were when I was a young man in my 20s so I'd not find out the full capability. Power is something any gear head can feel, just cruising from light to light or down the Interstate. It rumbles, get into your bones. You have yourself a modern classic. Very cool :cool:

Last edited:
Continuing to read on MUD about heat issues with the SC, but talking to a lot of other, YES the engine bay is HOTTER, but not overheating. Anyway, to slowly try and get in front of it, I emailed @landtank for an orange fan clutch. Arrived today

20210222_202116.jpg

Last night (while drink, which I think pushes me to make all my purchases) ordered hood vent risers from @Outsane:

and just got an email from Wits' End w/ tracking number for a tune-up kit. I only really needed needed the OEM wires and spark plugs, but just cheaper to but the whole kit.

Eric (@fourtrax) allowed me the pleasure to work in his shop while giving me and hand and more with the supercharger. Thanks to @fourtrax, @4LowandSlow, and @Soju giving a have, something that would of took me FOREVER took 10hrs to complete.

Since we had to remove the crank pulley bolt, @fourtrax fabricated his own crank holding tool. Our first attempt of using bent the holding rod, so @4LowandSlow added some reinforcement.
20210227_115202.jpg

Pulled the harmonic balancer, changed the oil pump gasket (two screws stripped), new crank seal, reinstalled balancer and realized the key way was missing (most like happened when I changed the balancer a few yrs ago. Added a key way, new water pump, and new radiator hose.

Opening/splitting the wiring harness felt like it took the longest time. @fourtrax soldered about 6" of wire to the throttle position sensor to ensure it all fit.

20210227_172835.jpg

After that, smooth sailing. Put everything back together, adjusted the timing and took it for a quick test drive. You could feel the difference immediately. The LC will get up and go by barley stepping on the peddle.

I live about 45 minutes away from @fourtrax, and I'm pleased with the ScanGuage results.

20210227_224028.jpg

Got home and sitting at the door is my boosted tune-up kit from @NLXTACY (Wits' End) 🤦‍♂️, but I knew it'll happen that way.

20210227_230029.jpg

(Kit comes with more, but I already recently changed those items)

Nice high 70s day with humidity. Did a little driving on the freeway and around town. Water temps AVG 185-195 degrees, and fuel @ mid 11 AVG MPG.

On the freeway with AC on.

20210228_145502.jpg

Returned home in the driveway.

20210228_170055.jpg

But speaking of AC, it was blowing warn air. Gonna have to install the auxiliary fan I purchased from @LandCruiserPhil a little earlier than planned, and hood risers from @Outsane. Didn't take a pics of the AUX fan because @LandCruiserPhil packaged it up so nice.

If y'all know me a pinch, y'all know I had to paint them. They don't come this awesome color out the pack.

20210228_202347.jpg
20210228_202403.jpg

I also threw a P0170 code (lean/rich fuel). Anyone have ideas?

probabbly a vaccum leak . might find something here

Last edited:
Dean at h&h recommended the use of water wetter. He also suggested other changes like removing the transmission heater out of the radiator and add a radiator under the truck with an electric fan. I have not done any of them but if running the front and rear heater lowers the temperature any of this should work.

Dean at h&h recommended the use of water wetter. He also suggested other changes like removing the transmission heater out of the radiator and add a radiator under the truck with an electric fan. I have not done any of them but if running the front and rear heater lowers the temperature any of this should work.
I've used wetter water in the past. Works good for about a week, then back to normal. I know its still cool out, but I'm running normal temps as before the SC. A few months back, I replaced the thermostat with a 170 degree (instead of the normal 180). Prior to the new thermostat, it would read 195 degrees as a norm. Now with the new (before and after SC) its usually at 185 degrees. I'm hoping the hood risers and AUX fan will be good enough during the summer 🤞

Do you have the foam surrounding your radiator?

If not I use a fuel hose on top to keep as much air as I can directed. Also a place to store spare hose.
Can you show me with a picture? Im a visual learner lol.

I bought some foam from Lowes, but was too large. Its in my Amazon cart now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom