Going down a new path (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have in the truck. As far as power there is a lot more power and torque. At least what I experienced. No change on mpg. It was 9 then it is 9 now. I have been dealing with a lot of over heating issues. To de point that i thought about selling it and do an engine swap. So, upgrade your cooling system, get a intercooler, and i have an electric fan for low speed high torque situation. On the beach i was close to loose my engine. I recommend to do everything together to avoid having to stop on a trip. Normally i will turn the heaters and that is enough to lower the temperature. Sam has the complete set up and jason has everything but the intercooler. I dont want to discourage you but do everything at once. Once the sc is in the engine bay there is not room to do anything in it without taking a bunch of parts out.

Good to know. I'll look into an intercooler, but wasn't planning it. That makes since though. My Challenger is blown and intercooled. Never had a heat problem but it lives in the garage.

On the LC, I bought a fan (still in the box), changed the thermostat to 170°, and have a new water pump that I'll install. Some pipes, cables and wires are heat wrapped (while I was prepping for the turbo). Was going to vent to hood (might look back into that).

Thanks for the info.

@Roxx where are these 1FZFE supercharger intercoolers you mention?

@Roxx where are these 1FZFE supercharger intercoolers you mention?
This is what I found so far. Didn't read it all yet.

I have in the truck. As far as power there is a lot more power and torque. At least what I experienced. No change on mpg. It was 9 then it is 9 now. I have been dealing with a lot of over heating issues. To de point that i thought about selling it and do an engine swap. So, upgrade your cooling system, get a intercooler, and i have an electric fan for low speed high torque situation. On the beach i was close to loose my engine. I recommend to do everything together to avoid having to stop on a trip. Normally i will turn the heaters and that is enough to lower the temperature. Sam has the complete set up and jason has everything but the intercooler. I dont want to discourage you but do everything at once. Once the sc is in the engine bay there is not room to do anything in it without taking a bunch of parts out.
Let me know if you decide to sell it ;)

While I would love to have a turbo setup, that's a lot of money. I have at least 5 major house projects in front of even considering a turbo.

Welcome to the SC club.! There's a lot that can be done with the SC. It can get out of hand quickly. From aluminum ceramic coatings to cutting holes for vents, adding an Intercooler, etc...
I have an air-to-air made by @Atoyo1031 along time ago. Running a Subaru WRX small scoop.
In the process of adding the Landtank SC MAF kit with WRX injectors and a 2.8inch SC pulley. Here's how it used to look.
07870381-4E1E-4DDD-B319-ED66529ED55D.jpeg
CF3CDF97-CA00-421D-BEA1-4C4565E2E6AC.jpeg

I met up with @fourtrax a day too early to assist with some wrenching on one of his projects. So will greased my hubs and driveshafts. While talking about the supercharger, we decided that I should paint it since my valve cover is painted and the supercharger isnt installed yet.

So. . what do you all think?

20201220_161435_HDR.jpg

20210208_144934.jpg

20210208_144951.jpg

20210208_145007.jpg

20210208_145015.jpg

Looks nice.
Your profile still says you're in Kansas.

You're not anymore.
I shall call you Dorothy. ;)
You right. I'll change it now. Thanks

Goooooo . . . .Kansas!!

@2fpower told me to add some new belts and tool to my trail gear.

20210214_143047.jpg

Planning on installing the SC at the end of the month. Started the gas upgrade from medium to premium. Think I'm going to have to get this Shell credit card 💳 and start buying stock in Shell :rofl:

20210215_163002.jpg

Planning on installing the SC at the end of the month. Started the gas upgrade from medium to premium. Think I'm going to have to get this Shell credit card 💳 and start buying stock in Shell :rofl:
The green pump may be a bit more expensive than the premium, but you'll get much better fuel economy! :beer: :hillbilly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom