going camping this weekend! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
just getting every thing ready, taking more than i have too, but at least i will get to try the stuff out:clap: no real back woods stuff, we are going to orange count VA, at Shenandoah crossing we own a time share there, and i was pleased to find out it is free for us to camp there:clap:. i will take some pics of my good old and new Coleman gear in action, you just have to ignore the sasquash in the pics:lol:.

have fun you hairy ape :cheers:

so after driving three hours, with a trailer, through some fawking down pours that film makers could have used in Vietnam movies, i turned around and drove the 3 hour trip back home.

long story but it boils down to there is no tent camping allowed! WTF!

That blows, sorry man!

i am not easily discouraged, well yes i am but i will find a way, pics tomorrow!

That's a good way to be.
Keep us posted.

For the sake of asking: are there folks policing these timeshares where you're at?
Would you be able to slip in and camp out a night without detection?
Would they get mad if you dodge their terminology, and sleep without a tent ("no tent camping")?

here are some pics from last night.
toy4xfun-albums-camping-picture19988-camping-001.jpg

toy4xfun-albums-camping-picture19989-camping-002.jpg

toy4xfun-albums-camping-picture19990-camping-003.jpg

toy4xfun-albums-camping-picture19991-camping-006.jpg

toy4xfun-albums-camping-picture19992-camping-007.jpg

and here is the Sasquatch that came to set by the fire.
toy4xfun-albums-camping-picture19993-camping-008.jpg

toy4xfun-albums-camping-picture19994-camping-009.jpg

toy4xfun-albums-camping-picture19995-camping-010.jpg

and one of this morning, sorry i was done frying the bacon(man it cooks a lot faster on a Coleman stove)so no pic with bacon in the pan.
toy4xfun-albums-camping-picture19996-camping-011.jpg

That's a good way to be.
Keep us posted.

For the sake of asking: are there folks policing these timeshares where you're at?
Would you be able to slip in and camp out a night without detection?
Would they get mad if you dodge their terminology, and sleep without a tent ("no tent camping")?

yes they have security, they have a brand new RV park, that looks more like a trailer park than a camp ground, we enjoy the old camp ground, it is wooded, and off the main path, so it is more like camping in a national forest. they do have primitave tent sites, but you can not get your vehicle any where near them, and they were calling for rain and storms, i also had my trailer with the kayaks and kids bikes on it, and there was no way to get the burban with that trailer into the parking lot,that is at least 100' or more from the nearest site. with the 2 kids, and a chance of thunderstorms,i did not want to be that far away from my vehicle.

so i set the tent up in the yard, on Sunday,so about 2:30 it stormed rain was blowing sideways, so it blew up under the rain fly, and soaked everything on that end of the tent, we pulled the bags and pillows out and dried everything, so we were able to sleep out in it last night,and it did rain about 5:00 yesterday but no wind, so the tent stayed dry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom