Going back n' forth on 285/75/17 tires...not a 'will it fit' post (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMO 10.5 that tall will look weird and too skinny. and my 285/75/17 at discount tire were around 300 each
I only put that here because @OffRoadRN didn't want to deal with the hassles of a big heavy tire, so it's like a compromise, slightly smaller (not a 255 pizza cutter size) than the 285/75 while reducing unsprung weight.

Because most 5x150 aftermarket wheels are designed to fit the Tundra. The 100 has unique front hubs.
Never heard of it being an issue, good to know. Glad mine worked out 👍🏼

Reviving a slightly stale thread.......

My 285/75-17 Falkens are about done, and I've been going back and forth on going up to 285/75-17s, either the Coopers or Open Country AT IIIs just to switch it up. My question is, can anyone confirm that an inflated 285/75-17 fits in the spare location without modification and with the factory hitch on the LC? With the 285/70-17, it fits pretty easily if I gently push the spare forward while cranking it up. I'm just not 100% confident that I've got an extra 3/4" of space even though I've tried measuring.

Guess I'm just looking for confirmation.

Thanks,
Jon

My 285/75-17 Falkens are about done, and I've been going back and forth on going up to 285/75-17s, either the Coopers or Open Country AT IIIs just to switch it up. My question is, can anyone confirm that an inflated 285/75-17 fits in the spare location without modification and with the factory hitch on the LC? With the 285/70-17, it fits pretty easily if I gently push the spare forward while cranking it up. I'm just not 100% confident that I've got an extra 3/4" of space even though I've tried measuring.

Thanks,
Jon

Nope.

Thanks,
Jon
I run Toyo AT3's 285/75/17 and got them to squeeze in the factory spare location at 20psi. It took some muscle and careful alignment but I got it up there. I have an ARB twin air compressor so I don't have an issue deflating the spare. You could always carry a cheap compressor in your cruiser in case you need to use the spare to get the pressure back up.

I run the draw tite hitch below if you want to compare it against your factory hitch.

I am running method 316 17"X8" with 25 offset. fits perfectly, you cal ways use this tool to visualize your tire size and offset: Wheel Offset Calculator - https://tiresize.com/wheel-offset-calculator/ and the stock 16" wheel has an offset of 60 and the 25 offset is almost perfectly equal to the stock wheel with the 1.25" spidertraxx spacer. I would however love an 18 offset if I could find a wheel I liked with a +18 offset. but it tucks fully and fits flush with the sides, looks great IMO.
Is this fit with the spidertrax spacer, or just the 17x8 wheel and +25 offset only? Thanks. Do you have any pics?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom