Godzilla gets a facelift, and a little nip and tuck (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Doing a backyard panel swap. Found a parts truck with good ( not dented,but some rust) doors and fenders so I'm changing them out, just primer for now, though it may look better for a while.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Making progress, hope to have it together in time to grill out this evening .

It is time consuming, I should be working right now, but it all bolts together doors forward, at least what I'm replacing. Some is a puzzle getting it back together. If one can swap parts on the engine, they should be able to change the bolt on parts.

Got it back together in time to grill! Put original door cards back in, had made plywood panels a couple of years ago. Much nicer now. It's what I would call a 50/50 paint and body job, 50' away at 50 mph it doesn't look too bad, haha.

It’s been some time, but finally got to work on Godzilla. Drove it to work and reworked the back hatch. I’m happy with how this attempt turned out . Still have the bottom half to build then the bed.
IMG_4109.jpeg
IMG_4108.jpeg

The plan isa flatbed, iron frame and bulkhead with white oak floor. There was a fair amount of rust in the fender wells and floor.

nevermind.....

IMG_4532.jpeg
IMG_4535.jpeg
IMG_4536.jpeg
IMG_4537.jpeg

Made more progress today, replaced the rockers with 4x4 tube.and added steps. Still have some fiberglass work to do and some grind and fill work. Then the bed and paint. Goal is to be done by March, as that will mark 10 years of ownership.

Making more progress, interior work today. Was going to work on the bed, but my fabricator had something come up.
IMG_4669.jpeg
IMG_4667.jpeg
IMG_4670.jpeg
also, my carpet kit came today!

IMG_4671.jpeg

Love it! Question about the sliders, I'm planning to do the same thing. Did you initially stitch-weld it, then weld the whole thing later?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom