Godwin, what is it?

Godwin

Resident Herpetologist
SILVER Star

And when are they due to hatch?
Location Eastern OK.
Slider, in your area outta be a red-eared slider, Trachemys scripta elegans. Eggs will hatch in about 90 days if not eaten by crow, fox, racoon, coyote, dog, armadillo. I think this is one the species with temperature sex determination. Depending on nest temperature at certain time of development the embryonic turtle may become either male or female.

Sinister

SILVER Star
Dear Godwin,

Today I pulled a great big snapping turtle out of the road while it hissed and tried to bite me. Thought to meself, I must tell Godwin of this.

So now I'm telling you. And that's the end of my story.
Pictures or it didn’t happen...;) especially because it was a prehistoric looking snapper. Those things are awesome.

Try not to move around the turtle to much.
They can get nervous and leave.
When I lived in the high desert I rescued a desert tortuous that had duck tape stuck on it's shell.
We put her in a pen for a few days but she got out and burrowed in under the corner of my storage shed.
She hung around for about a year until my brother brought a woman he married with her brat kids up to my place a couple weekends and the kids pestered the turtle until it left.
Turtles are not as dumb as you might think.
Before the turtle left we had a nice garden and around seven in the morning we would go out to work in it and would give the turtle veggies and chunks water Mellon.
It got that when we came out in the morning the turtle would be waiting at the gate.
A couple of times we would be a little late and come out to find the turtle leaving.
We would call her and she would turn around and come back.

thatcabledude

SILVER Star
Dear Godwin,

Today I pulled a great big snapping turtle out of the road while it hissed and tried to bite me. Thought to meself, I must tell Godwin of this.

So now I'm telling you. And that's the end of my story.
Since we are telling reptile stories... Today I saw a three legged toad. I made sure to take pics.

20180618_185800.jpg

20180618_185807.jpg

Top Bottom