GObig (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
:cheers: Thanks to Steve and the team at " MAF " AND THE team AT SLEE THANKS for all the help.. AND TO THE " TY "man

WELL it was time some one did it .. THE big guns are out . I wanted some thing more so I went With MAF AND SLEE I stared with 6" lifted springs from SLEE, 1.5"spring spacers AND then MAF " new " drop brackets and WOW , These things are awesome.. I'm still working on the rear lift but got the front done and it was very easy! The truck looks :flipoff2: COOL I have knot taken it out yet as I said I am stiil doing the rear drop brackets tomorw .. I used ProComp ES 3000 (329510) shocks to start and I think they are a little soft but will try them for a sort time! AND PICS well be on tonight

And runnig 37s toyo mts on 17s The shocks were eye to pin and the front I
used the procomp shock adaptors These shocks have 10-12" of travel .

I think the pepole looking to go a little bigger This is the way to go The MAF kit AND SLEES springs IT'S nice to have options .. Thanks Steve.. :cheers:

Last edited:
Cool...looking forward to the pics!
:cheers:

xscuseless.gif

Yeah, what Steve said. Lots of pics .. the various stages.

Oh ...... and take a breath dude! :D

TY

PS: Sounds sweet from what I could understand ;)

Sounds great..... i can't wait to see the product. Very interesting approach, a little of both worlds.

I'm curious too about just exactly what components from Christo you are using. If just the springs like you mention then are you going to assume that the brackets from MAF that were designed for the 6" spring lift are still going to be "just right" with the additional 1.5" of spring spacers you say you're using? Also, I'd be interested in your measurements you get for the centering of your axles under the truck with just the panhard drop brackets as opposed to using those and the adjustable arms (unless you did use the adjustable one). One other point that would be great to see in your case is how the 37's stuff in the rear. With just spring lift the axle is pulled forward (without longer control arms) so when at static height the tire may be too close to the front of the wheel well but then actually move back as the suspension travels it arc. With the drop bracket it seems it would be well placed at static but move forward as it move up through that arc. I don't think it comes into play with 35's (at least in my experience) but does when the tires are essentially as big as the wheel well cutout - which seems to be 37".

Last point, what made you decide on the shocks you went with? The OME L-shocks seem an easy, off the shelf way to go w/ 11" of travel. And what travel do the ones you got have, 10" or 12"?

Can't wait to see pics, but more importantly, can't wait to see some trail shots. Congrats on the buildup by the way.

Mike

I'd really like to hear how it drives.

Kalawang

I went with the pro comp shocks , because although the ome L shocks are a better shock they are knot long enough ... We tryed a couple of times and with the spacers in and out .. just was not right .. I'm or well use the slee adjustable panhards when I get them from JUNK>> and When i finish the rest I well get out of the STARBUCKS parking LOT and use the beast.. PS I found the stock 4runner at the gym and had to get a pic

And I'm am driving it and WOW it rides and handles like a dream , I there are a few things I need to do .. like the brakes feel the 37s and could use an up grade ... the front drive shaft is vibrating a little and have a double card I well put in if need .. its a nice height .. I had the Js AND its about 3-4" taller .. :cheers:

Last edited:
You keep us waiting like that again C, and I'll place a call and have you stationed in that wee booth on the Fraser at the Quay. :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

Looks pretty good ! :cool: That side curb shot gives the lift a good perspective. Lots of daylight under there. Once you get the rear brackets on we'll need some flex shots.

TY

PS: How about a shot from the rear? Those look like 8" wheels, and I'm curious how far out they go .. BS=?. Thanx

YOU got it TY I'll take some more tomorow AND thats a small booth ... the RIMS are 17-9 AMRACEING

yellowchaosfj80 said:
YOU got it TY I'll take some more tomorow AND thats a small booth ... the RIMS are 17-9 AMRACEING

Cool, I look forward to seeing them in 5 or 6 days :flipoff2: . I still can't believe some guy actually sits in that booth all day. Who gets that gig? Either low on the senority, or someone caught drinking and conducting I bet ;)

TY

I don't know about the bling bling rims, but the truck looks awesome congrats. OME should consider making longer shocks.

Interesting, also very cool looking. :cool:

Now lets see it 'twist it up' so to speak. :D

If those radius arm drop brackets where available in OZ i'd grab a set.
I'm currently getting all the gear ready for my 6" lift, but i'm going with
Pro Comp ES9000 shocks.

Argh!!! I can only see the last two photos - not the rest -

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom