Gobi vs Gamiviti. Fully optioned, full rack (1 Viewer)

Gamiviti vs. Gobi

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

twalker9480

SILVER Star
Threads
Camping with 4 adults, all in my 80 were kind of tight on space. So I'm planning on buying a full rack within the next year. Fully optioned out, Gobi and Gamiviti are both the same price ($1500). Does anyone have any experience with the build quality or functionality of either racks. Any problems that either rack has?

Why are you limiting it to those 2 options?

Have you looked a Prinsu Design roof racks?

Prinsu is the one I would go with

I'm not a big fan of the Prinsu or the Bowfin racks. Don't get me wrong I think they are beautiful designs but I prefer the tube style racks because they match the curves of the 80 better. I went with one of @reevesci Trail Tailor low profile racks. I couldn't be happier.

I'd look at the Bowfin modular rack from @dogfishlake

Bowfin Cruisers | Michigan, USA

I'm about to make another run of traditional tube racks for the 80 late next week as well.

Thanks for the referral man!

It's long term dedicated guys like Jason that make me want to do this. It's obviously about making it fiscally viable (make all or part of a living) but in the Cruiser world, it's also about community and loving what you do. Trail Tailor has pushed this way of business since day one and has given us products we are lucky to have, considering how overlooked our market is.

It is greatly appreciated.

Did you pull the trigger on either one? I have a Gobi on my 4Runner and am really happy with it, but Gamitivi looks cool also, especially for a 100 series.

Gamiviti for lowest profile. I went with Front Runner Slimline II and I'm very happy with it so far.

Haven’t seen Gobi but I know that Gamviti has excellent quality! Also great design with full customization option. It would be my first choice wasn’t for I got my ARB full rack from a friend for really good price.

Had Prinsu but just not a fan
1. No basket so everything has to thought through and mounted correctly. This made the rack almost completely useless. I simply cannot just throw stuff up there like firewood or cans or just stuff where I want to.
2. Aluminum sticks are pretty cool but there simply is no way I can stand on it and walk around like a quality steel tube rack. Even arb’s aluminum tube rack flexes if I stand on it.
3. There wasn’t much if any gas saving or noise difference going between prinsu and arb 6 inch tall full basket.

Gamviti stuff is simply awesome, highly recommended!!!

Last edited:
Did you pull the trigger on either one? I have a Gobi on my 4Runner and am really happy with it, but Gamitivi looks cool also, especially for a 100 series.
I haven't yet, it's not #1 on my list right now, just trying to figure out which one for when it happens

I'm also wondering between these two options. I like the Gamiviti flat rack for it's simplicity, but I also appreciate that Gobi puts a mesh basket on their racks (in general and also I can sit in a chair on my roof). Am not a fan of the Prinsu style racks, however well they perform I feel they detract visually. And yes I own a burgundy 80 ; )

anyone else have any input?

Anyone used Rhino? i think those are aluminum and probably lighter

Anyone used Rhino? i think those are aluminum and probably lighter

I am still shocked people consider Gobi racks when there are so many amazing vendors who support the LC community.
Gobi has been known to sue and run off smaller rack makers.

Plenty of options recommended above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom