Gobi Rack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Wondering if anyone has mounted one of these on their 40 and what they thought of it? Wondering if any drilling or other mods needed, especially how it mounts on/around rear quarter panels? Any opinions appreciated.
1600358419247.jpeg
1600358419247.jpeg
1600358419247.jpeg

Bueler, Bueler, anyone??

You would have to drill the tub, hard top sides and windshield frame. Looked likes a nice 72 to be drilling holes in. Do see it as a safety advantage in a roll over. Puts no weight on the dip rail. Disadvantage looks like a lot of weight up high even with a empty rack. Plus not sure how you would get up without a ladder. Unless you have a need to use a rack to stand on would go with a lighter drip rail mounted style for weight would want to carry that high.

There are at least two installed in Dallas. I’ll pm you contact info for one of the owners. I believe it is a fairly unique mounting system and actually there is no drilling. There is also a ladder to reach up to that the make and the whole top can tilt back to remove the hardtop and leave the rack attached.

I really like the idea of the Gobi rack...but I have an additional tank in the back. It looks like the rear support would bock the fill on the rear tank. So adding onto the thread with more questions.

There are at least two installed in Dallas. I’ll pm you contact info for one of the owners. I believe it is a fairly unique mounting system and actually there is no drilling. There is also a ladder to reach up to that the make and the whole top can tilt back to remove the hardtop and leave the rack attached.

I see how they used the screws from the windshield hinge and clamped to lip on the windshield at the top. Not seeing how it is supported on the back without drilling holes. Only place I see a connect point that could clamp is at the bottom. Not sure how the floor works doesn't seem like it has that much depth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom