Gobi ladder install help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Patassa
Here are some pics of my issues.
1. The ladder doesn’t come low enough to make good contact with the lower bracket. Even if I pull down on the ladder the spoiler won’t let it come any lower and I’m about an 1” away from the lower bracket
View attachment 2815344
2. If I try to tighten where it comes down to the lower bracket puts a ton of stress the bottom of the door.
View attachment 2815347

Seems like that gap could be resolved with a homemade spacer in the meantime.

@Patassa, that's what I ordered. Gobi finally got back to me and gave my some BS answer. They wouldn't admit it didn't fit correctly but also said they would be extending the ladder for the LC in the future and would send me a new one. if it fit they clearly wouldn't be updating it, considering the service I've received so far I'm not holding my breath.

Here are some pics of my issues.
1. The ladder doesn’t come low enough to make good contact with the lower bracket. Even if I pull down on the ladder the spoiler won’t let it come any lower and I’m about an 1” away from the lower bracket
View attachment 2815344View attachment 2815343
2. If I try to tighten where it comes down to the lower bracket puts a ton of stress the bottom of the door.
View attachment 2815347

3. Top bracket makes contact with body under the door. They told me they have come across this a few times and that my car has been in an accident (it hasn't) and that I would need to readjust my back door. Considering that I've never heard of anyone installing this ladder without rubbing they should have called this out in the instructions before having it take off the paint. I'm in CA so I can live with the rubbing since rust isn't an issue but still a bummer.
View attachment 2815341View attachment 2815342

Thanks for the detailed response, that is definitely disappointing especially for the price and long lead time.

Mine rubs on an 04 LX470 on the inside DS corner of the top bracket. Looks similar to pics above. The powder coat has rubbed off the ladder in that spot and the bracket is rusting. I plan to hit it with some rustoleum. I only had to wait 2 months for mine back in 2018, but it's my first and last order with Gobi. My customer service experience has been similar to what's been described.

Has anyone been able to remove the top bracket? I've tried fishing line and prying it off with no luck.

Even tried to remove the spoiler to get at it with no luck and ended up breaking my spoiler. Ordering this ladder has turned into an expensive mistake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom