Builds Goat. A 1967 survivor FJ-45 LWB (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I did Jens 40 with a booster and had a booster in Roy up until i did the 2F swap. Had to go to manual given there was no room for the booster with the 2F manifold. Went to the JTO plate and that worked great., I had limited time driving Roy after the engine swap but I was very impressed with the all manual setup. Both are 1965. Given the results of the Roy swap I may take the booster out of Jens.

Thanks Shreg. Yeah. I tried no booster with Patina but ended up boosting. Had to cut the crap out of the firewall and won’t be doing that to the Goat. M
I just ordered that adapter.
Here is my pile of parts so far

Rear disc brakes in route and I have a non ABS brake master not pictured.

Not yet sure how many leafs are coming out of that pack. Likely 3.

Got some new style shocks I want to test out to boot .....

dreading the axle build part since I’ve just done two complete fronts in the last 6 weeks.

8A544CF0-3BCA-4CCA-AAA1-1F3A381DD262.jpeg

04AFDA80-A632-4D4A-9F05-A943451B2659.jpeg

4CDA213D-16A5-4421-A2A4-B0B12F199367.jpeg

BF088467-021B-4ADE-96CA-AA405A8830E9.jpeg

The old man will be standing tall and riding good with all of that new hardware installed!

Oh man... getting fancy with some Fox shocks. I like it.

They are just a hair more ‘pensive than Bilstien of which I have become a big fan of.
We shall see. A lifted LPB is a true log wagon. I’m hoping I can monkey with the spring packs and the shocks and come up with something manageable without putting 500# of Quickcrete permanently one the back.

Had Fox 2.0 on my J**P LJ before I left the dark side. Great upgrade, liked them a lot.

Following along, can't wait to hear the comparison Goat vs Patina. Same decisions for my 67 FJ40. Booster/non-booster. How to deal with old and shot springs, can I "de-leaf" an OME or HFS pack and get the height I want? Once again, I'm happy I'll be able to clone some set-up out of your stable. Beer and whiskey on me when I get down that way.

Thanks Shreg. Yeah. I tried no booster with Patina but ended up boosting. Had to cut the crap out of the firewall and won’t be doing that to the Goat. M
I just ordered that adapter.
Here is my pile of parts so far

Rear disc brakes in route and I have a non ABS brake master not pictured.

Not yet sure how many leafs are coming out of that pack. Likely 3.

Got some new style shocks I want to test out to boot .....

dreading the axle build part since I’ve just done two complete fronts in the last 6 weeks.

View attachment 2187018

View attachment 2187019

View attachment 2187020

View attachment 2187021

Are these OME springs or HFS?

Got some calipers from Rock Auto and the damn things look like they came out of @ClemsonCruiser ’s shop or Mike Tyson’s mouth :)

7CCD36BD-EFEA-4238-AC71-D99691143E12.jpeg

Also, @orangefj45 set me up with the place that does his rear brake stuff. I’ve always hated the cheap ass junk some vendors sell.

this kit is not cheap but it’s legit AF

799B04B6-08E2-402D-AD3A-C22715572101.jpeg

Nolan, small hijack, your new shop, are those trusses a kit? I’m building a similar setup, but want a gable roof. Btw, bet you will never use jack stands again! Nothing more useful than a lift!

Nolan, small hijack, your new shop, are those trusses a kit? I’m building a similar setup, but want a gable roof. Btw, bet you will never use jack stands again! Nothing more useful than a lift!

I priced around the metal building guys around here. Turns out it’s all about the same

I only has to have 3 18’ ones

$300 each I think

Anxious to see how the springs work out. Roy will get a similar treatment when we come out of hibernation.

Anxious to see how the springs work out. Roy will get a similar treatment when we come out of hibernation.

Coming soon. I’ve found some 1979 FJ55 axles with 3.70s that I’m going to rebuild

2E4C53C0-D343-4B3C-8862-C467310116B2.jpeg

Axles got here Friday via Fastenal. I whacked them nicely with our monster farm pressure washer.
2D9E76B0-A5F8-45C4-931E-6FC33440AB94.jpeg

I’ve been racking my brain on how to put these things high enough to work on them without bending over on jack stands.
This M416 frame turned out to be perfect.
E75E644B-4B86-4C06-A445-8EADE938E644.jpeg

Nasty business.
6D32E086-5D3A-499B-95BF-81C7A514EACF.jpeg

All the greasy stuff is soaking in Zepp purple. It will take it down to the bare metal so fresh paint will be coming.

View attachment 2213167
Axles got here Friday via Fastenal. I whacked them nicely with our monster farm pressure washer.
View attachment 2213168
I’ve been racking my brain on how to put these things high enough to work on them without bending over on jack stands.
This M416 frame turned out to be perfect.
View attachment 2213170
Nasty business.
View attachment 2213171

All the greasy stuff is soaking in Zepp purple. It will take it down to the bare metal so fresh paint will be coming.
Can’t wait for your to get this dialed in so I can copy.....

I don't see any sway bar mounts on that rear axle? I do like the direction this is going though. :grinpimp:

Did not think of that but that should be easy to add.

But as much as I love a good sway bar I’m more concerned about these monster springs going in. I may start off removing 3 leafs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom