Builds Goat. A 1967 survivor FJ-45 LWB (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It’s a great Christmas at the Grogan house when it takes an LPB to haul off all the boxes to the “recycle” pit on the farm

26D6104D-33C5-48C7-BC73-A5C470E863E2.jpeg

CCEBA1EF-D9B9-4D2B-AB1A-9E9882902039.jpeg

Happy re-birthday to the Goat.
Two years ago @cbmontgo and I went on a recon mission and picked this baby up.

As a birthday present I added some Koito H4 bulbs and some new bezel spacers.....drive it to the dump and all in all loved it.

70755F48-AAFE-455A-895B-22E4253E7A1C.jpeg

0AF23E14-394E-4EED-B974-73D8EA45553D.jpeg

3523E856-1AD6-4157-9981-7DC00AEE117C.jpeg

B9B0AF06-C491-48C5-9A24-32388BBE8DAA.jpeg

57 pages in two days.... I am now ready for a 45...

Have you ever been on Garagejournal.com ? I think all your shed/Garage can be an inspiration for people. And i know you love pic so..... it will be nice to see all those buildings.

I signed up. I’ll look around. Thanks

I thought the same about your awesome garage/shed set-ups!

Not to mention the amazing collection of FJs.

I thought the same about your awesome garage/shed set-ups!

Not to mention the amazing collection of FJs.

I need to write up the garages for sure. I have a new one going up this month

I used to spend time on GJ - and still stop by occasionally. Seems to be more "garages" and "mancaves" than "workshops," though. Too many people concerned about the size of their garage and how shiny it is. Just post up in the workshop forum here. ;)

4 Wheel Disc Swap
Brakes.

F these drums. I’m about to get discs.

What’s the best NON booster setup for 4 wheel discs.

I know I’ll need the JTO firewall adapter. @JackA uses the non ABS master.

Any check valves??

My plan is Toyota front discs and CHebby rear.

I don’t normally post Cruiser stuff that people listen to...but, every once in a while...

I think you were deemed correct on my third week of brake adjusting.

It’s time to get this thing off the farm and on the open road and that’s step 1

I run the larger 4Runner calipers in front with the Chevy rear disc setup in back. I made an adapter to bolt the non abs 80 series master to the firewall. I redid all the brakelines in 10mm. Stops great. No need for any other doodads with this setup.

I also hate the drums.

I think JTO and others sell that adapter to put a dual circuit master on the firewall.

I remember trying it on my 68 and ended up putting a booster on. I won’t be doing that on the Goat. Manual all the way.

Do 4Runner calipers boot right on to a 60
Series knuckle? I have all the knuckle parts already. Sadly I have to pull a front axle out of a parts truck since this one is ball and claw.

I’m also putting in 3.70 gears while I’m
At it. This truck won’t ever be a trail machine.

I wonder home much more enemic the 3 speed is with 3.70 gears with the old F motor? Seems pretty tall for 1st gear

I wonder home much more enemic the 3 speed is with 3.70 gears with the old F motor? Seems pretty tall for 1st gear

True. I’ll be working that clutch hard starting off on a hill.

Rob Tygart drives his 3 speed 3.70 truck all over the damn place. I drove it this year and the lower RPMs were noticeable.

I’ve always regretted not putting 3.70 in my 68 FJ40 while I was that deep in the build.

Of course Rob has a 1974 F1.5 in his bit it’s still carbureted

What good fortune. I am at the same spot of putting a '77 disk front end with no room for a booster. Looking forward to you solution's!

What good fortune. I am at the same spot of putting a '77 disk front end with no room for a booster. Looking forward to you solution's!

Why would a 77 not have room for a booster?

Disc front end from a donor 77...going into a drum brake 45.

Disc front end from a donor 77...going into a drum brake 45.

Misunderstood. Yep. Gonna do just that. Lots of factors to deal with for sure. I’ll be in the phone discussion brake lines with @Rainman Monday. I think I have all the parts collected except the lines and a master cylinder firewall adapter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom