Builds Goat. A 1967 survivor FJ-45 LWB (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think Dom was referring to the Goat, not the driver.

:p

I think Dom was referring to the Goat, not the driver.

:p

Both of us are gravel road guys these days. I’m completely over slamming around on the rocks.

Besides, last pic I saw of the 45 Run it was 20% 45’s and 80% other.

I got the other door seal on. The old Goat is nearly all sealed up now. One of my smoker windows has a bad gasket and I actually have one here. I bought 2 for Patina and almost burned the truck down trying to get it in there so I’m just going to try to ignore it. Horrible job.

Question for the 45 series wisemen.

Does the 1967 FJ45 take the same spring bushings as the FJ40?

The only funky looking one is the rear spring fixed end. I’ve never seen that setup before.

D6863DBE-009C-441D-B472-A3ADC8C998A5.jpeg

Fronts are the same until 07/1980. Don't get 'em mixed up.

SOR chart will help you figure out shoulder widths and pin size, recall rears are 18mm and fronts are 15mm. In english / Nolan speak, rear are basically an FJ60 bushing and fronts are fj40 Page 289 Land Cruiser Polyurethane Bushings
I would recommend new pins just cause.

SOR chart will help you figure out shoulder widths and pin size, recall rears are 18mm and fronts are 15mm. In english / Nolan speak, rear are basically an FJ60 bushing and fronts are fj40 Page 289 Land Cruiser Polyurethane Bushings
I would recommend new pins just cause.

That is great to hear.

I bought a complete set of FJ55 bushings from CCOT just to find out they are 60 bushings so I have plenty here at the shop.

I think I’ll put all new OEM shackles on it too. I’m sure the crosspins are rusted garbage.

I really want to go with new springs. This thing is so tiny but I need to remember it is what it is.

The bushings are all still available from Mr. T
Front: 90385-15016
Rear: 90385-18025

Front shackle: 48041-60010
Rear shackle: disco

Front spring pin: 48408-30010
Rear spring pin: disco

If I’m too late to the party on these my apologies.

Are those good part numbers for a SWB 45 also?

Last edited:
The bushings are all still available from Mr. T
Front: 90385-15016
Rear: 90385-18025

Front shackle: 48041-60010
Rear shackle: disco

Front spring pin: 48408-30010
Rear spring pin: disco

If I’m too late to the party on these my apologies.

Can I ask the parts numbers of the DIscontinued rear shackle and spring hanger?

I’ve found the best contact in Venezuela that will certainly have them but I want to make sure he has part numbers.

TIA

GOAT’s looking a little jealous.

I did not have the proper rubber gasket but lo and behold the early rubber thermostat gasket works great with a trim.

View attachment 1710770

Fake news.

I thought it worked until I really got the tank overfull today and gasoline poured out like a river.

That was a long ride home.

Luckily I had ordered the proper gasket when Beno and JimC scolded me for the thermo gasket.

On a positive note, before I had to beat feet home to escape gas fumes, I got a nice 50 mile drive in on the new steering and brakes.

8EF2C9E4-7FB1-4B4E-914E-7292787AB193.jpeg

The truck stops great. It’s a real pleasure to drive.

The steering is tight and a bit stiff still with my steering arm goofiness.

Better stiff than loose. Return to center is great and it tracks true and the steering wheel is centered.

FBD94C9F-CE3B-40F3-8017-3AFC04703C55.jpeg

To Preserve and Protect
Preservation tricks :)
"...There are times when the cautious conservator’s approach will not work, as in the case of a 1932 LaSalle that the shop prepared for a previous Pebble Beach concours. The driver’s-side seat bottom could not be saved, so a replacement piece of leather was obtained; the new material was laid out on the driveway and driven over — it was also beaten with chains — before being sewn into the seat....
To Preserve and Protect

To Preserve and Protect
Preservation tricks :)
"...There are times when the cautious conservator’s approach will not work, as in the case of a 1932 LaSalle that the shop prepared for a previous Pebble Beach concours. The driver’s-side seat bottom could not be saved, so a replacement piece of leather was obtained; the new material was laid out on the driveway and driven over — it was also beaten with chains — before being sewn into the seat....
To Preserve and Protect

That`s what Doctor do Little wrote Dec 31, 2017 ....
...pretty sure he is a wise Gentleman.:)

I would try to give such a new stuff a patina look *. It`s too new/shiny in an old survivor.
Just my 45 Dollar :rofl:

Cheers Peter
* like a worn out jeans :)

Dec 31, 2017

Doctor do Little, Dec 31, 2017

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom