Go Ken Go!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Brentbba

Former Golfer
Joined
Mar 27, 2003
Threads
432
Messages
10,865
Location
OC, CA
I've been watching what Ken Romer has been up to all day regarding the FAQ's and all I can say from all of us 80 owners is WOW! :bounce:

Fantastic Work Ken!
 
yup, nice work.

Hope he made sure he can change the titles of these things.... :D

but with 50 stickies on the first page, won't we have to start with the second page all the time...?:)
 
e9999 said:
yup, nice work.

Hope he made sure he can change the titles of these things.... :D

but with 50 stickies on the first page, won't we have to start with the second page all the time...?:)

The Locked chapters will quickly fall into the back. Only the FAQ is stickied.
Shouldn't you be working on the FAQ in the 100's section:D
 
Brentbba said:
I've been watching what Ken Romer has been up to all day regarding the FAQ's and all I can say from all of us 80 owners is WOW! :bounce:

Fantastic Work Ken!

BTW - this was a joint effort between me and reffug, your cranky and irritable 80's moderators.

We even hired a consultant to review and comment on the FAQ. Your previous moderator put so much work into the last FAQ and the new FAQ only took what he did and re-organized it. So, yes we had Junk in as a consultant.

Thanks for the nice comments
 
Romer said:
BTW - this was a joint effort between me and reffug, your cranky and irritable 80's moderators.

So, yes we had Junk in as a consultant.

RE: the joint effort - a big thanks to both of you!

RE: Junk as a consultant - :flipoff2:
 
consultant???? :eek:


and, no, the 100 FAQ is all organized by chapters already.
(There is the Mall section, the Posing section, the Bling section, the Starbucks parking section, etc etc... :D )
 
Feel free to comment on any part of the FAQ, were you think we can make it better, items or new chapters we could add. This new concept makes it easy to add a whole section without clogging up the FAQ.

If someone wants to put together something, like links on doing a front axle build, that would be great. Remember, this is your forum. Well . . . it's really Woody's, but he lets us play here.
 
Me thinks the Romenator is a gubment employee and our tax dollars are at work.......;)
 
Last edited:
skyshark186 said:
:eek: I just lost a bet.......






















someone proved Junk is useful:flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:


Good work guys. :cheers:

who the heck would have betted (?) against you on this...? :confused:


:D
 
Romer- fantastic job with the new FAQ organization.

Some suggestions:

1. Under "Modifications", please replace or add BostonMangler's excellent difflock retrofit post/website, which is at this link:

http://www.yankeetoys.org/mangler/elockerinstall.htm

It is the gold standard for difflock retrofitting posted on this board.


2. Maybe another section of misc. technical links would be nice. To start off:
- Sleeoffroad Tech Page:
http://sleeoffroad.com/technical/technical.htm
- Safari 4x4 Tech Page:
http://www.safari4x4.com.au/80scool/tech/technical.html

3. How about recommended Cruiser-shops/mechanics in various geographic areas?

Keep up the great work! :cheers:
 
skyshark186 said:
:eek: I just lost a bet.......






















someone proved Junk is useful:flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:


Good work guys. :cheers:

No you didn't..he probably just said "Well, it sucks less than my momma does so it's good enough for me, but I didn't have to tell you that, so thanks for making me think you wanted me to think I was important." Add in the profanities where you think they would fall...



Oh yea, good job there Romer and reffug, it looks more important to have to open up more windows, and gives a sense of accomplishment!
 
Ken,
That new "post pics only" slider thread was a great idea; just what was looking for in a thread. :cool:
 
There we go, thats what we like is some involvement. Slee's Tech Link was already there in the General section. I added the Safari link. Great Tip.

I added Boston Manglers link.

Not sure about Crusier Shops. Will have to think about it. You know when you recommend something in an FAQ and it goes wrong, . . . . That would be unpleasent.

Thanks,

Ken


alaskacruiser said:
Romer- fantastic job with the new FAQ organization.

Some suggestions:

1. Under "Modifications", please replace or add BostonMangler's excellent difflock retrofit post/website, which is at this link:

http://www.yankeetoys.org/mangler/elockerinstall.htm

It is the gold standard for difflock retrofitting posted on this board.


2. Maybe another section of misc. technical links would be nice. To start off:
- Sleeoffroad Tech Page:
http://sleeoffroad.com/technical/technical.htm
- Safari 4x4 Tech Page:
http://www.safari4x4.com.au/80scool/tech/technical.html

3. How about recommended Cruiser-shops/mechanics in various geographic areas?

Keep up the great work! :cheers:
 
Romer said:
There we go, thats what we like is some involvement. Slee's Tech Link was already there in the General section. I added the Safari link. Great Tip.

I added Boston Manglers link.

Not sure about Crusier Shops. Will have to think about it. You know when you recommend something in an FAQ and it goes wrong, . . . . That would be unpleasent.

Thanks,

Ken

Put a disclaimer, make sure everyone knows that the work was done good once, but how it will be for you may vary. I think we need to get some of the brake threads in the FAQ, also.

Good work guys, liking the new look/format.
 
Romer said:
Your previous moderator put so much work into the last FAQ and the new FAQ only took what he did and re-organized it. So, yes we had Junk in as a consultant.

Thanks for the nice comments


Definately a huge THANK YOU to Junk for all his previous work.

It was awesome and very easy to build upon.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom