GMRS or HAM in your 80's ashtray? What fits? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have this speaker already on the dashboard that I use with my handheld and it fits nicely without obstructed view and is clear

View attachment 2755562
This speaker fits nicely in the LX450 subwoofer location. I screwed mine to the metal panel under the subwoofer grill/cover. Sound is clear for both passenger and driver.

This speaker fits nicely in the LX450 subwoofer location. I screwed mine to the metal panel under the subwoofer grill/cover. Sound is clear for both passenger and driver.
Good idea.

If you just have a LC you can also wire communications to the 2 small speakers on the lower corners of the dash.

When you're done playing with toys.

20181223_111125.jpg

Another option

Yaesu 100 dr remote display
Uniden triangle shaped remote speaker fits perfectly in front of the parking brake. The rest is under the driver’s seat.

View attachment 2768059

View attachment 2768060

Years ago I took a speaker like that, cut off the back, drilled a small hole in the worthless cup/whatever thingy for the speaker line. Just used a small bead of silicone making that cubby spot a speaker in some senses. Worked great.

1629818467088.png

VGA = 15pin; Serial/Com = 9pin ;)

I like that radio @jonheld
It's really a great unit and extremely robust. I thought the lack of a front firing speaker would be a issue, but it's just not a problem unless I'm at highway speed with all the windows down. In that case, I don't want to talk to anyone anyway...

Good idea.

If you just have a LC you can also wire communications to the 2 small speakers on the lower corners of the dash.
I just opened a thread asking this same question!

Has anyone done this?

I just opened a thread asking this same question!

Has anyone done this?
Yes, I wired up the small lower dash speakers and connected them to a plug that I cut off a cheap external speaker that terminates in my center console where my radio(s) are mounted. I can plug in either CB (which has since been removed) GMRS, or 2M depending on what is needed for that trail ride.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom