GM GMC Slow Antifreeze leak (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey,

Can send more pictures if need! Was wondering if anyone might be able to provide some insight on how to fix this leak or assist in what to do. I'm a novice but honestly got this 91 GMC truck to be able to try and work on things myself to teach myself as well as my kids. About a week ago I noticed this really slow drip that was dripping on the passenger side floors. It is not a very constant drip but generally drips after running the truck for at least 20 minutes or more. I tried to show a picture of where the drip is coming from, which is under slightly left/middle under the glove compartment. You can see the antifreeeze drip in one picture and the other pictures try to provide where the drip is falling then running down to the foot mat.

Was also curious if this is still okay to drive until I can fix it, didn't want to create other issues. Thanks in advance
IMG-3376.JPG
IMG-3378.JPG

58821115725--E28B392D-A3A3-498A-91F0-38EA27E16857.JPG

IMG-3377 (1).JPG

I'd guess heater box - up under the dash. Usually a complete pain the butt to get out and replace.

The heater core is leaking. Sometimes the core can be repaired, after removal, but it is quicker to replace it. You can drive it but with the understanding that the leak can turn into a complete rupture of the core resulting in hot coolant being dumped into the passenger compartment. Also as long as it is leaking it is soaking the carpet and padding on the passenger side floorboard. This can lead to other issues. This is not a one banana job! As indicated in the previous post it is a PITA!!!! Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom