GM Truck steering wheel in a FJ40? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,
Although I have just registered, I've been participating the list for quite a while... great source of info. Thanks everyone who makes this forum possible ( I have saved a lot of money during the last restoration project).
Now for the question. I have a newer GM truck steering wheel out of a 2000 Silverado. I would like to try to fit it, and was wondering if anyone has done it? (I have access to the Instrument Panel that the wheel came from). I have power steering (GM Saginaw) and will be dropping in a new engine + automatic trans later. Wiring is not an issue since that's what I do for a living here in the Detroit area. Any suggestions are appreciated.

I am putting a older tilt coloumn out of an 81 trans in my 72 fj40 am and I found the wiring codes on the internet its really easy for me cuz I only need the signal lever hooked up

a new one soulndt be too hard to figure out

Make sure the column is going to be long enough from the dash to where you need it when in your driving position. I used a newer style the first time I put a column in and it was too much of a reach to the wheel. Newer cars seem to have the dash sticking out closer to the driver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom