GM column mount wiper switch install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK here is the GM column wiper switch I used, and the diagram of how to wire it. With this setup the wipers will return to the park position, even the "mist" feature works. I didn't hook up the squirters as mine are completely missing, but that would be a snap. THIS IS A REVISED SCEMATIC from the one I posted earlier, I had to make a correction. It is installed and working as pictured.

Hope this helps someone.

Aaland
switchandscematic.jpg

COOL! Thaks for the diagram

I have wanted to do this to my 71 for some time now

No prob, post it wherever. My column is from and 86 Camaro, it is the 2speed switch, not the delay setup. If you have the delay switch, I think you will need to replace the switch itself (inside the column) as well as the multifunction lever. Making the delay switch work will be a little trickier, the delay mechanism is actually part of the GM wiper motor. It might be possible to seperate it and reuse it. The other possiblity would be to take apart an aftermarket wiper delay box and wire the control knob/slider to the column. I think I have an old one somewhere, I'll look at it, and I have the delay switch scematic, so I'll see if I can figure it out.

Aaland

Hi I am doing a after market kit (Raingear) on my 1950 ford f-1, I have been searching for weeks and finally found here on this page this info i've needed. Just one question really on the 5 pin relay shown above which is 87a?

I have a 1989 Chevy S-10 steering column. I was never able to get the full function of the column wiper switch. I could get high or low speed, but not both with the column switch. I was able to get both low and high speed by using the column switch, and a two position dash switch for high or low. When I get a bit of money ahead I will have to check out my wiring.

Don

OK here is the GM column wiper switch I used, and the diagram of how to wire it. With this setup the wipers will return to the park position, even the "mist" feature works. I didn't hook up the squirters as mine are completely missing, but that would be a snap. THIS IS A REVISED SCEMATIC from the one I posted earlier, I had to make a correction. It is installed and working as pictured.

Hope this helps someone.

Aaland
View attachment 21239
Sooo I know this is old but I’m rewiring my whole truck and like this setup instead of timing to shutoff wipers . Because of my limited relay knowledge can some one tell me the numbers for the relay connections ,I know the basic but not when you have multiple ground connections. Looks if you used typical relay you would be connecting ground to 85 and 30 but I’m not sure any help with which items go to which is appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom