Gluing the steering wheel core (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey mud folk!

Just wondering if anyone has done this... My 62 has a steering wheel. It's pretty sweet. But the core has separated from the rubber (?) and you can feel it while driving. It's annoying. I was thinking of removing the steering wheel and injecting glue using a syringe in the back along several places. Basically poke through to the core and inject glue. Does this make sense? I would then leather wrap the steering wheel afterwards. I don't really see any other way of doing it.

Thanks,

Andrei

I’ve done it and it works.
Get the biggest needle you can, pushing glue through the small ones is no bueno. I bought 18 gauge hypodermics off amazon. Be sure to get angled/beveled tip needles. Some of the veterinarian types for horses eat are flat tip and will leave a more noticeable entrance wound. You can always shave the tip to an angle if you get he wrong type.
I used Original brown gorilla glue and it’s held up for a couple years and counting. Others have used a type of glue used to stabilize wood rot.
Since Gorrilla glue expands, put it in sparingly. You can always add more, you can’t take back. Too much and you could create lumps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom