Glow Plugs Help 1992 Toyota Land Cruiser 4.2 1HDT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Edmonton

Threads
Cranks over but no fire. Quick Check with test light found cylinder one Glow plug open circuit and Glow plug Resistor open circuit Performed voltage test and resistance on all other glow plugs over 1.0 Ohm Found vehicle has VSP PT152 Glow plugs installed.Tested both glow plug relays resistance and voltage test passes with no defect. so I need some help with parts sourcing Glow Plugs and A Resistor Part Numbers, price, availability, OME, or Bosch, Japan.. ?? HELP PLEASE

Might get more responses in the diesel section:

Welcome to MUD

Cranks over but no fire. Quick Check with test light found cylinder one Glow plug open circuit and Glow plug Resistor open circuit Performed voltage test and resistance on all other glow plugs over 1.0 Ohm Found vehicle has VSP PT152 Glow plugs installed.Tested both glow plug relays resistance and voltage test passes with no defect. so I need some help with parts sourcing Glow Plugs and A Resistor Part Numbers, price, availability, OME, or Bosch, Japan.. ?? HELP PLEASE
1HD-T should start with no glow, unless you're in a very cold climate. I'd suggest that glow plugs are not your issue.

Some more details about the issue would be helpful, details of mileage, has this suddenly cropped up or been going on for a while, any recent work done etc.

If you pump the primer on the fuel filter, is it firm initially? If not does it firm up with repeated pumps?

If you crack the nuts on the injector feed lines, does fuel spurt out when you crank the engine? Keep yourself out of the way when you're trying this.

1HD-T should start with no glow, unless you're in a very cold climate. I'd suggest that glow plugs are not your issue.

Some more details about the issue would be helpful, details of mileage, has this suddenly cropped up or been going on for a while, any recent work done etc.

If you pump the primer on the fuel filter, is it firm initially? If not does it firm up with repeated pumps?

If you crack the nuts on the injector feed lines, does fuel spurt out when you crank the engine? Keep yourself out of the way when you're trying this.

137785km running great then out of nowhere it won’t start ? Had this happen once before replace glow plugs with aftermarket ones VSP 5 years ago

137785km, running great then out of nowhere it won’t start ? Had this happen once before replace glow plugs with aftermarket ones VSP 5 years ago fuel primer is hard as a rock after a 10 pumps will check for fuel pressure after glow plugs are installed Thank You for the tip i was thinking about cracking the banjo bolt on the fuel rail and see what happens.

Partsouq has them for a 1hdt for $22 USD each.

I agree though, it's unlikely it's your glow plugs. Mine will start when it's very cold without waiting on them

Though your plugs may be weak I would agree with others that you have a different issue to fix first.
Try stepping/feathering on the throttle when starting,

After going through the glow plug system and wasting a lot of money you’re right I have no fuel pressure what is going on? I cracked the line nothing so where to start?

After going through the glow plug system and wasting a lot of money you’re right I have no fuel pressure what is going on? I cracked the line nothing so where to start?
Disconnect the fuel supply house at the injector pump. Does fuel come through when you pump the primer?

Maybe a blocked fuel filter?

Also, i think some of the fuel pumps have a fine mesh debris screen in the fuel inlet of the pump, and at the fuel cut solenoid.

Fuel cut solenoid could also be a problem if not snapping open/closed freely

I never thought I’d be one of those guys that would have a pluged fuel filter. but it’s true
Disconnect the fuel supply house at the injector pump. Does fuel come through when you pump the primer?

Maybe a blocked fuel filter?

Also, i think some of the fuel pumps have a fine mesh debris screen in the fuel inlet of the pump, and at the fuel cut solenoid.

Fuel cut solenoid could also be a problem if not snapping open/closed freely
I never thought I’d be one of those guys that would have a pluged fuel filter. but it’s true. I change my filters religiously. Buy them by the case. so I ran some diesel care injection cleaner through it. added more to the tank will check filter in 100km looked like rust will be cutting this one open, could be bad fuel Alberta has s*** for diesel fuel. So one Question what is acceptable Ohm measurement on a new glow plug i’ve always been told that 1.0 ohms is the maximum allowable anything over is defective ? Second question I remove the glow plug resistor and tested it on the bench 1.2 ohms do you think that’s good? thanks everybody for all your great ideas and steering me into the right direction

56D62295-EBEA-4128-B3F2-A6A37A96729E.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom