Glow Plug Trouble... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.geocities.com
Hello all,

I am in a desperate situation, and need help. I know this question does not belong here, but i know not where to post it. I am a cruiser owner, and am in the middle of painting the body, I bought an older Toyota Hilux Surf to get my around while i finish the cruiser. But now it will not run!

This is where I need help.
I'm pretty sure the glow plugs are old and wornout, but i do not know how to change them. I was wondering if there was anyone out there who may know how to do this procedure?

My engine is a 2L Turbo Diesel (TOYOTA) 1989 - it has been imported from AU.

Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks,
Andrew.

Easy to change.
Remove the rail across the top (8mm socket I think).
Remove the plugs - 12mm deep socket. They can seize, so take care - if they snap off you're in trouble!!
Put in new plugs. Note some aftermarket plugs have a slightly larger diameter heating probe, - so it they are ATALL TIGHT, stop fitting them, and using a screwdriver or similar, carefully scrape away carbon buildup in the hole they go in.
OEM glowplugs will fit with no problems.
Use antiseize on the threads.
Replace the rail.
Start engine.
2 banana job.

Hey,
thanks a lot man, I found one bad glow plug, you're a life saver! And it was super super easy, just like spark plugs, I was making it a lot worse than it was.

andrew.

andrewfarmer's cautions were even more important than the instructions. Good stuff.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom