Glow plug fusible link keeps burning (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So i have a issue with my glow plug fusible link keeps on burning out i had the glow plugs out and was cranking to clear oil out of the cyliders when i saw a puff of smoke and the glow plug fisible link burnt out.

I checked everything and put it back together making sure the insulators were in the correct spot and inreplaced the link with a similar soze wire alittle thinner and in burnt out immediately i then doubled the wire together thinking maybe it was to thin and it burnt up again just alot slower and the rail started to smoke so i quickyl turned it of.

Realy stumped on this one i cant find any shorts in the system and yet it still doing it.

It was working perfectly fine before inremoved the rail and plugs..

Ok i have figured out what the issue was one of the isolators was in the wrong spot even though i had not touched it im assuming it wasnt contacting the metal post until i moved it around and it shorted dur to the insulator being in the wrong spot.

Glow plugs seem to work now.

But i have a question the picture below were the dropping resistor and the big black wire go there only seems to be the one isolator on top for the smaller wire but the resistor bar and big wire if not centered would contact the metal post where the nut goes goes.

Im assuming it will short out when they touch?

Anyone have a picture how what the bottom half of the isolator looks like? Im assuming just a circle like the top isolator but with a small shaft to cover the post and centre the two lower terninals from touching the metal?

20180619_173722.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom