Glove compartment light bulb is out! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone knows how to replace the light bulb in the glove compartment of a 97 LX450? Also what light bulb should I use, PN#?

Mine too LOL, I never got around to replacing it.

90981-11018 x 1 :beer: $2.23

Crap, I never even knew there was a bulb!!!! :doh:

Cary

hey on some lexus products it only works with the headlamps on

LX,

Just pull the bulb out. Replacements could be found at any auto parts (Kragen, Autozone, even W-mart...) - Take about 10 seconds to do it.

Cheers,
Frank.

laughing.gif
laughing.gif
laughing.gif
laughing.gif

Everyone, thanks for all the info. I think I'll just stop by the local Autozone shop for the bulb.

Sorry to revive a 10 year old thread. But does anyone know the type of bulb that goes in the glove compartment or the led equivalent. Thanks

Yeah, I went to replace mine. Only to realize mine only comes on when the headlights are on.

I have a '91 and it is a #74 bulb from any parts store. Takes about 30 secs to replace.

Uhh...

See post #4? Or #7?? :idea:

Cant use a toyota part number for a LED bulb.

looks to be a #2721 bulb for the LX or #74 bulb.

Cheers thanks everyone for your replies.

Last edited:
I ordered a #74 Sylvania bulb for my glovebox; it's actually taller than the OEM bulb and doesn't want to seat properly; seems just a tad bit wider on the wedge part of the bulb.
I'm just going to order an OEM; thanks to CDAN for the part number in post #4 from 10 years ago!
I also tried a #74 wedge in the shift selector backlight and that bulb is for sure wider than the OEM one; it would seat, but would not fit back into the hole due to diameter. I may try this Sylvania part number per this pic
1679883218694.png

I also found Sylvanias to be too thick, although close. The little LEDs I tried, however, are a perfect fit & far better lighting.

I ordered a #74 Sylvania bulb for my glovebox; it's actually taller than the OEM bulb and doesn't want to seat properly; seems just a tad bit wider on the wedge part of the bulb.
I'm just going to order an OEM; thanks to CDAN for the part number in post #4 from 10 years ago!
I also tried a #74 wedge in the shift selector backlight and that bulb is for sure wider than the OEM one; it would seat, but would not fit back into the hole due to diameter. I may try this Sylvania part number per this pic
View attachment 3283262
I can confirm that the 2721 size works for the shift selector backlight and the glovebox

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom