Glove box outlet? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, I was trying to find a route for my satelite antenna the other day and I found a 24 volt outlet in my glove box.
It was definitely a factory item as the screws that held it in were screwed into welded threads.
Does anyone know what size/type plug fits in the box?
I'm planning on using a small converter to power my battery charger. I'll just plug in it in the box.

Thanks,

Peter

80 something BJ41

Trouble light?

Trouble light? Is that something like a spotlight or a light to work under the hood with?
Is there a standard spade connector that fits it?
I liked your slideshow.

Peter

I used an old extension cord with the wide spade ground down. I bought some 24 volt lights off ebay and made my own. I have a few lights left, I think they were for a fork lift, if you want one,two, etc.. Let me know $15.00 total ea. with shipping. I will post a picture.

Trouble light? Is that something like a spotlight or a light to work under the hood with?
Is there a standard spade connector that fits it?
I liked your slideshow.

Peter

Trouble light is the common name for a lamp on cord used by mechanics. It generally has a frame around it to prevent hitting the bulb, but new ones on the market today use florescent bulbs and some LED.

Yes ROM's slide show is cool. I liked it too.

Here you go, the first picture is of one of the lights mounted above my license plate. The next two show the trouble light I made with an old extension cord and a spring clip from my kids reptile tank light.

I forgot to add, these lights are not super bright, could not use them for driving the Baja 1000, but they work for back up and work lights
HPIM4500.jpg
HPIM4503.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom