Glove box latch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all,

Im in need of a 70 glove box door and or working latch if anyone has a spare they are willing to part with. $ or trade your call. The locking mechanism on mine jammed and after a very frustrating hour of farting around with a flash light and screwdriver I ended up damaging it. This has been a frustrating week one step foreword and two steps back. I'm days from having mini me on the road but eventually I'll need to cover that hole in the dash.

Many thanks in advance.

Dave

Glove box latches: brand new, in stock... time to give me a call.

~John

Got it,

Thanks

ahh, your not alone man, goddam i hate that pesky glove box latch

Yup, took a few swings back on the evolutionary vine after getting more than a little frustrated.

You can get a later 7x series one which have a key lock on them

they are available from Toyota, however you need to convince them you are not driving a forklift. Not sure why a forklift would need a glovebox...

$53 or so, it was promised out of California in 3-4 weeks and showed up 2 days later. Go figure...

Early glove boxes have a key lock too.

My 75 never had a lock nor did my old mans 75 but they were STD vinyl interior spec, i wonder if the lock on the earlia models came on the higher trim level 7x series .

My 75 never had a lock nor did my old mans 75 but they were STD vinyl interior spec, i wonder if the lock on the earlia models came on the higher trim level 7x series .

Must have only been on the high spec models, its on both my 85 and 86 middys that are LX models.

Among the millions of useful purposes of "duct tape" is keeping the glove box closed.:) $2.00 and you are good to go. If its good enough for every rednecks truck its probably good enough for yours.:)
........1978HJ45

Among the millions of useful purposes of "duct tape" is keeping the glove box closed.:) $2.00 and you are good to go. If its good enough for every rednecks truck its probably good enough for yours.:)
........1978HJ45

As red neckage as duct tape to the glove box would be ,id have to do a few more RN upgrades to fit in,you will find the minimum RN requirements in pics below on the white75 and red 79 series :hillbilly:
10137619.jpg

10832746.jpg

And a big set of CHROME gonads hanging of the rear towbar which would be rated for 8T
10831968-1.jpg

When one of my glove box lid hinges finally tor out the metal, i was lucky enough to drive 2 minutes down the road and have a choice of about 30 2nd hand glove box lids to choose from:grinpimp:

Needless to say, that brushbar probably keeps the Roo population in check. They would not stand a chance against that thing.:)
......1978HJ45

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom