Glove-box grab bar? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

re_guderian

SILVER Star
Threads
I had an FJ62 glove box grab bar on my FJ60, and my passengers (mainly my wife) used it a lot. Anyone put one on their 80 series? Any sources other than $OR for > $130?

Make one.

How come you don't have one?

The dash pad is different too.

Aussie cruiser said:

I don't need one. I got a roll cage.

Which he needs by the way.......:D

tucker74 said:
Mot can get you one from Japan for +/- $70 ...

:cheers:

Tucker

BTW: This was OEM for the earlier '91-'94 dash ... not sure on later.

My '94 came loaded - no glovebox grab thingy.

Wrench said:
Make one.
Then it would look lame, and the "Minister of Cruiser Asthetics" would be angered... :frown:

Aussie cruiser said:
'Cause the "Toyota-Man" is trying to keep me down just because of where I live... and probably the same reasons I couldn't get a OEM cooler and/or 5-speed... :cool:

Thanks Tucker! ;)

A little late in joining, but I believe that even the later-model 80's came with (unless it had dual airbags) the grab bar.

Not having personally looked at one myself, I'm not 100% certain if it would fit no problem or the dreaded RHD/LHD issue plays a role here as well.

I might be able to get one used if one of you wants to be a guinea(sp) pig. ;)

I tried looking it up in my parts catalogue, but mine's only good for the exterior and stuff.

Anyway, let me know if anyone wants to give it a whirl, it might take a little time, but I should be able to get one.

Mot :grinpimp:

What?

re_guderian said:
Then it would look lame, and the "Minister of Cruiser Asthetics" would be angered... :frown:

OH....LOL.........you mean "little boss"

mot said:
Thanks Tucker! ;)

A little late in joining, but I believe that even the later-model 80's came with (unless it had dual airbags) the grab bar.

Not having personally looked at one myself, I'm not 100% certain if it would fit no problem or the dreaded RHD/LHD issue plays a role here as well.

I might be able to get one used if one of you wants to be a guinea(sp) pig. ;)

I tried looking it up in my parts catalogue, but mine's only good for the exterior and stuff.

Anyway, let me know if anyone wants to give it a whirl, it might take a little time, but I should be able to get one.

Mot :grinpimp:

Mot, if none of the other parties already involved in this thread take you up on that offer I'd be happy to. My passengers have often expressed that they wish they had a grabbar(guess that says something about my driving, seeing as how there are 2 oh-sh!t handles for the passenger already and my brother uses both :D ).

My 80 is a '94 w/ the grey interior.

Thanks,

Ary

Ary,

There's someone who has asked me to get a new one.

If you want a used one, let me know. I would just contact people with parts rigs and see if I can get one in good condition with the same color, etc... if that's the route you want. I could also try to get a new one. Or you can simply wait and see how the guy above does his.

I used to have a guy who got me some OEM stuff, but he quit. So I'm going to try this another guy I found and see how he does.

Anyway, thanks for your willingness to try. ;)

Yours,

Mot

Arya Ebrahimi said:
Mot, if none of the other parties already involved in this thread take you up on that offer I'd be happy to. My passengers have often expressed that they wish they had a grabbar(guess that says something about my driving, seeing as how there are 2 oh-sh!t handles for the passenger already and my brother uses both :D ).

My 80 is a '94 w/ the grey interior.

Thanks,

Ary

Mot,

I'd try a used one, in brown. I got the one for my FJ60 from TAP used, and I swear I had to wash blood stains off it... :eek: I'll PM you for details.

About 4-5 years ago there was a company that was selling these for the 91-94 model years. I had one in my 94 truck. Loved it. But the problem with the later model years the air bag will not allow you to mount it unless you remove it(you may need to check with your insurance company about this). With the early model years you have cut the dash a little to remove the padding and allot the bar to seat against the metal part of the dash. My wife loved this mod and I will be installing one I have had for a while in the dash of the 93. You may be creative enough to install it with out removing, but the early ones will not fit on the late model years because the dash is different shape. Any how it has taken several years for this mod to come up. good luck, later robbie

Guys,

I just remembered about the CD parts catalogue that were collecting dust. I'll check it out tomorrow and I'm hoping that I would be able to find the "Oh s***" handle(s) part numbers so you could try your local dealer first (The catalogue also should be able to tell me how much it'll cost me, too).

Thanks for your patience!

Mot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom