Glove Box Emergency Inspection Light (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Are the OEM inspection light still available from the dealer? Does anyone know the part number if so? If anyone has one available for sale PM me.

Don't know the part # and if they are discontinued, but IIRC cruiserparts.net has em.

Try 81370-60010

I thought that someone had posted this part number up before...

Y E P

:beer:

Well you can get them at coolcruisers.com I work at a toyota dealership and with our prices you should buy then of coolcruisers.com. I ordered some parts and they have all came with factory stickers and cheaper then my cost at the dealer.

Light, Emergency
coolfj40_2048_350236184.jpg

Well you can get them at coolcruisers.com I work at a toyota dealership and with our prices you should buy then of coolcruisers.com. I ordered some parts and they have all came with factory stickers and cheaper then my cost at the dealer.

Then you are getting boned by your Toyota dealership...

:lol:

most of the cruiser aftermarket dealers sell these, as doew ebay frequently althouth you have to check it for 2 or 3 months before they become available, and this is where you will find them the cheapest.

i think they range from 20$-$100, depending on condition (used/new), and where you get it from (ebay, or a toyota dealer).:eek:

not to sidetrack this thread, but has anyone ever used one of these?
my 7/'77 FJ40 did come with the original owners manual and jack, but did not include the tool kit or accessory light...

Has anyone used the plug-in, in the glovebox, for something else other than the light? I tried to charge my cell phone once but to no avail...:doh:

-andy

$27 ish for the last one I bought.

81370-60010

Cdan or I can get you one. Comes with the case as well.

Shane

$27 ish for the last one I bought.

81370-60010

Cdan or I can get you one. Comes with the case as well.

Shane

Case? Didn't know there was a case for these. Someone got a pic?

Case? Didn't know there was a case for these. Someone got a pic?

Mine came in a kinda clear blue yinyl envelope with a snap closure.

[QUOTE

Has anyone used the plug-in, in the glovebox, for something else other than the light? I tried to charge my cell phone once but to no avail...:doh:

-andy[/QUOTE]

12V system, plug in works great for the little inspection light.

As for items meant for home use, like your cell charger, one would need an inverter.

[QUOTE

-andy[/QUOTE]

I plugged a CB radio into mine. Just added a pronged plug to the CB wire. Needed it for trip to the desert, but didn't want it to be permanent. Worked great.

Hey guys
Just stumbled on this thread on my search for answers.
I recently bought such an OEM emergency light that should fit to my glove box plug. I was not aware that the one I bought was a 12v lamp. However, my bj46 runs with 24v.

Anybody have an idea where I could purchase the 24v lamp (81370-60040) - my search so far indicates this is "unobtainium"...?

Any alternative ideas if it's possible to convert the 12v lamp somehow to run on 24v?

Thanks for any ideas.

Hey guys
Just stumbled on this thread on my search for answers.
I recently bought such an OEM emergency light that should fit to my glove box plug. I was not aware that the one I bought was a 12v lamp. However, my bj46 runs with 24v.

Anybody have an idea where I could purchase the 24v lamp (81370-60040) - my search so far indicates this is "unobtainium"...?

Any alternative ideas if it's possible to convert the 12v lamp somehow to run on 24v?

Thanks for any ideas.

Just use a 24v bulb

@devilment

CH as in Confœderatio Helvetica?

I think LED is the answer to your query. This is a USA supplier, but I'm certain you can find one in your location. I'm pretty sure the lamp in the trouble light is the same as the lamp in the backup light, SAE 1156.

"LED replacement bulbs can fit numerous boat and RV applications such as navigation lights, cabin lights, dome lights, tail lights, brake lights, reverse lights, turn signals or side marker lights. This 1156 single-contact bulb has 27 LEDs that create a 360° viewing angle for better, allover light emission with reduced hot spots. Produces up to 420 lumens at 6200K. Tower-style design with a BA15S 15-mm bayonet base for easy plug-and-play installation—just twist to lock in place. The energy-efficient bulb operates within a wide 10-30V DC range and is designed to last 30,000 hours on your motorhome or boat—25 times longer than incandescents. Available in cool white, amber and red. Not sold in pairs. Price per bulb."

Thanks a lot for the help.
Will definitely try with the 24v bulb and the "LED replacement" also sounds interesting.
Thanks a lot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom