Gloss or Satin paint? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Are the black and pewter parts inside a 70 FJ40 gloss or satin? I'm talking gas tank, brackets under dash, steering column cover etc. Pewter are obviously dash pieces, seat frames etc. Thanks.

Are the black and pewter parts inside a 70 FJ40 gloss or satin? I'm talking gas tank, brackets under dash, steering column cover etc. Pewter are obviously dash pieces, seat frames etc. Thanks.
Thanks Byron. My painter is doing these parts so need to tell him what paint to get…would be much easier if it was rattle can!

The silver bits inside, I'm planning on having those cerakoted. It won't be a factory sheen, but I really like the finish on that option.

That column cover is just plastic on my 76, and still available new. I don't believe there is any paint on that.

It has held up fine. Like most paints, preparation is key to the final product.

With areas like the frame that can't be thoroughly cleaned I hit them with Rust Reformer before applying the top coat.
Good to know. I have spent a ton of time preparing, media blasting anything possible. I also used rust reformer on many of the parts if there was any hint of rust remaining. Thx for replying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom