Glind hot water heat exchanger (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Finished my hot water heat exchanger install this past weekend. Took my time over the course of three weekends. Lot’s of plumbing. Lots of just starring at the engine bay and thinking about the best way to route the lines. Honestly, that’s what took a big chunk of time....and the old measure twice, cut once. And too many trips to the auto parts store and west marine to pull all the different tubing and connectors together. I’ll start with the finished product and then work in all my shots. But here’s the shower. I plumbed it to the rear of the bumper, where I thought it would be protected and out of the way. I think it looks pretty good there. Doesn’t jump out at you.
38F13E65-44B4-4279-9B6A-75783893E115.jpeg
F24B1023-F87E-4961-922D-A74B6B7EE36B.jpeg

Here’s some additional pics of the unit itself and the water pump.
712FD9DF-72E4-4A56-8F7E-C95602CD8D82.jpeg

Nice job! Looking forward to see all your work and maybe a link to what you use for the heat exchanger unit. Maybe someday i will do this too.

Water pump - this was the best place I could think to mount it. Made a cut out of some diamond plate to mount into this hole in the fender wall.
D3CE9B28-0D99-45B2-9510-ED224855E0D9.jpeg

C2B7D6B2-5F99-45C4-971C-23E3C8EC6B43.jpeg

Nice job! Looking forward to see all your work and maybe a link to what you use for the heat exchanger unit. Maybe someday i will do this too.
Got it from “Overlandshower” On eBay. Kevin. Nice guy, super easy to work with. Very responsive. Shipping arrived well packaged, etc.

Thanks for the info, where are you in Norcal?

Thanks for the info, where are you in Norcal?
Burlingame. I’ve owned this 62 for just about 3 years now. between this and my bronco, plenty of weekend projects to tackle. Which town in the east bay are you in?

Out in Pittsburg but i drive to work to Castro Valley daily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom