For Sale Glass Fuel Bowl (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
$20 shipped
1485EE84-6484-435D-BA6C-EC532A68602F.jpeg

I’ll take it. PayPal?

?

Thanks Sean. Returned pm.

thanks you for the PYMT per "friends"

could you please send me your address, I don't think PayPal forwards it when payment is released as "friends"

Bowl in hand in perfect shape. Old school stuff, nothing beats it. If I had an extra one of these it’d be a scotch glass.

On second thought, it is kind of small for a scotch glass :)

IMG_2089.JPG

Where did you get the fittings for the hose connections and what size are they? I want to put my glass filter back in my 68 that doesn't have the stock fuel line anymore.

I did the same thing. You get fittings that are close then retap the housing. Dont remember the size though.

Here Amazon product ASIN B07CX58JBP
I’d love to hate Amazon, but there ability to connect you to obscure things with non-traditional sizes is hard to beat. I believe I checked McMaster Carr but they didn’t have the BSPT versions iirc.

Thanks for the help. So, this is the size you got and re taped the holes on the filter?
1/4" Hose ID to 1/8" Male BSP BSPT

I didn’t have to retap the holes, the 1/8” BSPT fit. I used thread sealant. My fuel filter housing is new OEM Toyota (glass bowl is used per this thread), don’t know if the threads changed over the years. I also used these fittings in my original early (‘63) fuel pump - it has the prime lever - so I’m guessing these threads have been the same for a long time.

If I ever dump the dual carb/offenhauser setup and return to the single OEM carb (and replacement manifold) I'll run original fuel lines as best as possible. Right now I could go original from tank to filter, and filter to pump. Still have the fittings for the filter and pump. After that it gets custom because of the dual carb setup. So I got lazy since I'm not chasing OEM too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom