Builds Giovanni’s 2016 460 build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First - a big thank you to all the detailed build thread owners. I’ve read them all and formed my direction based on your experience. And also to Kyle Fogle at Treaty Oak - super helpful!

2016 GX460 Luxury

So far:
Wheels - 20x9.5 ET12 Black Rhino Rotorua. I went with 20s because I like the way they look and I like the way they handle on the road. I’m considering powder coating the stock 18s, putting larger/aggressive tires on them and having a dedicated off road set.
Tires - 275/55 Falken Wildpeak A/T3W
Springs / shocks - Dobinsons MRR and coil conversion for just over 2” of lift
MTS module
Stock running boards chopped - the first thing I did! Had to get move away from the soccer mom look asap!
Wireless phone charging
Rear view mirror mounted & powered radar detector
LED interior lights
AFE intake because I think a V8 should be heard

Coming up:
Done CBI stealth bumper & front skid protection - should ship within next month
Done Winch - after exhaustive research, I think I’ve decided on the Smittybilt XRC Gen 3
Done SSO sliders - arrive next week
Done SSO roof rack
Done Muffler delete or replace - again, because I think a V8 should be heard

DD7A4949-3A1A-4F63-9F88-FE8580BFF00A.jpeg

A03900DA-7D54-401B-970F-2A87DF5B28E4.jpeg

403E2C34-6BA5-4129-ADFC-5623DCA4DB87.jpeg

210A484B-29ED-4668-AF79-45432474967B.jpeg

Last edited:
Very raked fairing. How's the noise at highway speeds with/without sun roof open??

Very raked fairing. How's the noise at highway speeds with/without sun roof open??
Have only driven it around town so far - at 55MPH, any wind noise is negligible. I'll report back after a high speed highway drive.

I like that the wind fairing follows the lines of the windshield.

At 75 on the freeway, wind noise with sunroof closed is negligible. You can hear it if you are trying to hear it. With the sunroof open, there is some wind noise but I don't know if it is really any worse than stock.

I really think that the wind fairing slope alignment with the windshield minimizes any additional wind noise.

They look really good with the black-on-black! Are they full plate steps?

The sliders look great, at times I wish I had gone with a flat set as well.

Looks great! The SSO stuff has been great, however I can't stand their lack of customer service. It's left a really bad taste for me. I've made 3 separate purchases with them and each time had to deal with their really bad customer service. But if you don't mind super long wait times and lack of customer service, the quality of their stuff is very solid.

Last edited:
Hey!! At least you were on a DIRT road! 👍

Bunch of cool stuff happened this week.

CBI bumper install
Smittybilt XRC Gen 3 winch
ARB dual compressor
Air bag helpers int the rear - tied to stock squat levers so they'll auto level
Dobinsons MRR nitrogen pressure adjustment
OEM transmission cooler
REDARC brake controller
Front LCA and tie rods
Rear KDSS sway bar
Exhaust resonator delete

The LCA and tie rod ends ... wasn't planned. Alignment shop said passenger side tie rod was seized up. Further inspection revealed drivers was binding also, and both LCA were rusted and binding.

IMG_1109.jpeg

IMG_1110.jpeg

IMG_1111.jpeg

IMG_1112.jpeg

HI , quick question for you, in that last pic; is that cover for the USB connection??

WOW, Someone had a case of RedBull in the fridge!!

HI , quick question for you, in that last pic; is that cover for the USB connection??

Which cover? I was trying to show the REDARC control knob.

Or are you referring to the one below the radio knob? That one is a micro SD card - I think it is for the nav map but I've never stuck anything in it to see.

IMG_1113.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom