Builds Giovanni’s 2016 460 build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Below the stereo and above the charging unit.

WOW, Someone had a case of RedBull in the fridge!!

I bought a Conqueror UEV 490 camper, so needed the compressor and brake controller. Wanted the winch for the extra margin of safety when we're out alone.

I bought a Conqueror UEV 490 camper, so needed the compressor and brake controller. Wanted the winch for the extra margin of safety when we're out alone.
Oh, I wasn't questioning your motives for everything you accomplished, in fact I quite agree! It was the the level of energy you had to bang all that out!!

Oh, I wasn't questioning your motives for everything you accomplished, in fact I quite agree! It was the the level of energy you had to bang all that out!!

LOL. Normally I would do all of this myself (except the bumper maybe - that made me a little apprehensive). But I was in a little bit of time crunch, so I will confess that I had a shop do it.

Goode's Offroad in Rowlett TX. I was highly impressed with them and they are easy to work with ... so for anyone in the DFW area looking for a shop they certainly get my recommendaiton.

Looks great!

Let me know how you like the RedArc Brake Controller, I have one in the box here, undecided if I really need it as I never plan to tow more than 3-4,000 lbs with the GX and most trailers with that weight are 4-pin with no brakes.

The brake controller was awesome. I towed ~3400 lbs and after it went through its “calibration” process you really couldn’t tell the trailer was there - for braking purposes. Obviously, the GX doens’t have the power to tow that with authority, but it did fine. I kept highway speeds ~70 and overall it was solid. Exceptionally poor fuel mileage, but that’s to be expected.

The trans cooler also seems to have a positive impact - and with driving style adjusted to keep lockup true, temps stayed below 205 pretty easily.

Also ... the scheme of rigging the air bag helpers to the stock squat switch and compressor didn’t work as well as I’d hoped. I believe the stock pump pressure and response to the height sensor isn’t ideal for what I am trying to accomplish - which is to firm up the rear end when towing. So I’m going to add an aftermarket compressor and a manual control.

89861E34-D49D-479E-A9A9-F6FA9FC603F4.jpeg

C5171575-A8C7-4F5A-84FE-3A3A483D29A4.jpeg

WOW! What a rig, I mean the trailer, not the girl...
Although, not bad either!!! (Don't let my wife see this post) o_O

WOW! What a rig, I mean the trailer, not the girl...
Although, not bad either!!! (Don't let my wife see this post) o_O

Face Palm all day on that one... 🤦‍♂️:)

OP very nice setup!

Its the little things... Factor55 looks good.

View attachment 2393274

Looks very clean and nice! I added the rope guard (FlatLink Rope Guard – Factor 55) to my F55 Flatlink after getting snow/road grime caked in there a few months ago -- and it has kept the previously exposed area of my winch cable pretty clean after that (even after a running around off road in dusty ass Moab trails and the rest of the vehicle was filthy).

I second the suggestion to run the rope guard, it'll save the synthetic line there at the thimble.

You mean the ghetto approach of gorilla tape covering the rope isn't just as good? :)

F55 rope guard ordered. I also bought some of their keyed / locking hitch pins. Awesome quality.

For those of you who have done the AHC / rear air bag delete, I discovered a few things today. I've read that you can't unplug anything, remove any fuses, etc on '14+.

Here's what I found playing with it today.

You CANNOT remove / unplug the computer or solenoids on the air distribution manifold. GX will not start with these disconnected - it will crank, but not start. I assume there would be some dash lights also, but I didn't get that far.

You CAN remove / unplug the compressor. No dash lights of any kind.

I removed the stock compressor and installed the Airlift WirelessOne system in the location that it occupied - and it works very well. Easy to adjust, the remote works great, and so does the phone app.

Asking for some opinions here...

I'm going to change / evolve my wheel and tire choice to get slightly more sidewall and to maximize flexibility. The UEV490 camper has 6x139.7 hubs on it, so I want to put the exact wheel/tire combo on it and GX to alleviate the lack of ability to carry a matching spare on the GX. So I'll have 7 matching, and 1 stock GX with me when I do have the camper, and only the stock GX when I don't have the camper. I'm okay with essentially no useful spare when I don't have the camper.

I want to stay with a tire between 32 and 33 inch tire. I'm trying to decide between:

17x8.5 wheels w/ 285/70/17
18x9 wheels w/285/65/18

Leaning towards the Alphaequipt Echo wheels, but haven't decided for sure.

Thoughts / opinions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom