Builds Giovanni’s 460 build

First - a big thank you to all the detailed build thread owners. I’ve read them all and formed my direction based on your experience. And also to Kyle Fogle at Treaty Oak - super helpful!

2016 GX460 Luxury

So far:
Wheels - 20x9.5 ET12 Black Rhino Rotorua. I went with 20s because I like the way they look and I like the way they handle on the road. I’m considering powder coating the stock 18s, putting larger/aggressive tires on them and having a dedicated off road set.
Tires - 275/55 Falken Wildpeak A/T3W
Springs / shocks - Dobinsons MRR and coil conversion for just over 2” of lift
MTS module
Stock running boards chopped - the first thing I did! Had to get move away from the soccer mom look asap!
Wireless phone charging
Rear view mirror mounted & powered radar detector
LED interior lights
AFE intake because I think a V8 should be heard

Coming up:
CBI stealth bumper & front skid protection - should ship within next month
Winch - after exhaustive research, I think I’ve decided on the Smittybilt XRC Gen 3
Done SSO sliders - arrive next week
Done SSO roof rack
Muffler delete or replace - again, because I think a V8 should be heard

DD7A4949-3A1A-4F63-9F88-FE8580BFF00A.jpeg

A03900DA-7D54-401B-970F-2A87DF5B28E4.jpeg

403E2C34-6BA5-4129-ADFC-5623DCA4DB87.jpeg

210A484B-29ED-4668-AF79-45432474967B.jpeg

Last edited:

Very raked fairing. How's the noise at highway speeds with/without sun roof open??
Have only driven it around town so far - at 55MPH, any wind noise is negligible. I'll report back after a high speed highway drive.

At 75 on the freeway, wind noise with sunroof closed is negligible. You can hear it if you are trying to hear it. With the sunroof open, there is some wind noise but I don't know if it is really any worse than stock.

I really think that the wind fairing slope alignment with the windshield minimizes any additional wind noise.

Looks great! The SSO stuff has been great, however I can't stand their lack of customer service. It's left a really bad taste for me. I've made 3 separate purchases with them and each time had to deal with their really bad customer service. But if you don't mind super long wait times and lack of customer service, the quality of their stuff is very solid.

Last edited:
Top Bottom