SOLD Gilbert, AZ: 1991 Toyota Land Cruiser VX Limited (HDJ81) - $17k obo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
beige
Outside Link
https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/d/higley-1991-toyota-land-cruiser-turbo/7534868970.html
I am selling my 1991 HDJ81. I have owned this truck for nearly a year now, and I have put a lot of love to get it into the point it is today. I'll start by recognizing that this truck is not without it's faults, and my price is certainly negotiable, and I am not expecting to get asking price for this truck.

The truck runs and drives great, I just drove it to Colorado and it was happy cruising on the highway, no wobble, no issues maintaining speed. Seats are comfortable, exhaust isn't too loud but sounds great. I had lots of recent service done including rebuilding the knuckles, fresh turbo manifold (old was cracked), had to do a trail fix and put in an aftermarket turbo which is still in the truck but it works great (and OE will be included with the truck). I have a Clean Arizona title for this truck, and had no issues registering it here. I cannot speak for any other state, the previous owner I purchased it from lived in CA but had it registered in MA, so your mileage may vary.

1991 HDJ81
390,000km (~242,00 mi)

Good:
  • Turbo back 3” exhaust (Brand new exhaust welded in a few months ago, straight through with just a small inline muffler)
  • ARB rear locker
  • OME lift
  • SCS F5 wheels
  • Kenda 35” tires (matching spare on fifteen52 wheel)
  • ARB front bumper
  • Catch can installed
  • New brakes (FZJ80 front calipers with 100 pads, new rear calipers)
  • New brake master
  • New turbo manifold
  • New turbo (aftermarket unit as a trail fix, have OEM CT26 which is being rebuilt and can go with the truck)
  • Freshly rebuilt front knuckles (OEM toyota parts, done at Avid Cruisers in Mesa, AZ)
  • New alternator+batteries (Trecel 70a, x2 NAPA batteries)
  • Timing belt+water pump done last year
  • New drive belts
  • Fuel pump rebuilt last year
  • Fuel filter new
  • Valve cover gasket
  • Radiator+hoses all new
  • New boss double din with CarPlay/AA
  • All fluids flushed in last thousand miles
  • I have a stack of paperwork and service records dating back to 2007 regarding the trucks upkeep, including evidence the BEBs were done at about 150k km.

Bad:
  • Some rust around the windows, but frame and floor is dry with no structural rust anywhere (Mainly around passenger side above windshield, passenger side rear door, and passenger side quarter glass - photos included)
  • Cosmetically a little rough, paint is ok overall but some oxidation on hood. Missing factory “tow mirrors” so awkward fender bolt holes.
  • Interior is a little rough, missing trunk carpet (I had to throw it out as PO had spilled oil on it), but dash is uncracked and seats do have nice fitting covers
  • PO did a 12v starter conversion and bypassed factory harness plug, confuses truck into thinking alternator is not charging. So error lights on even though it’s charging fine (kind of the biggest annoying issue with the truck - I had rewired everything concerning the batteries, starter and alternator to ensure the wiring gauge and quality was safe, but I was unable to resolve the charging lights error before my trip)
  • Oil pan leak
  • AC condenser needs to be replaced, damaged and AC doesn’t work (all components included through)

$20,000 or best offer

You can message me here for contact info, I have also included a link to the Craigslist ad where my phone number is, or if you want you can also reach out to me via Instagram (@oliver.phx). I realize I'm a new person to this community so I thought including my profile there my help validate me as an honest seller. I would very much like this truck to go to a good home, I've had a lot of fun with it but I am consolidating my fleet to focus on different projects and this has to go.

E49A2604.JPEG

E49A2615.JPEG

E49A2625.JPEG

E49A2627.JPEG

E49A2630.JPEG

The thread only let me post 5 photos, I obviously have many more on request. I'll try to add them to the comments too.

IMG_0025.JPEG

IMG_0027.JPEG

IMG_2005.JPEG

IMG_2006.JPEG

IMG_6928.jpeg

Finally for the rust, I want to be fully transparent that this truck is no show queen. But you can see from the underside it's a very clean and dry truck where it counts, which was the big motivating factor in me buying it. I wanted something I could wheel without worrying about scratching a collectors car.

IMG_8143.JPEG

IMG_8144.JPEG

IMG_8145.JPEG

IMG_8146.JPEG

IMG_8147.JPEG

Adding videos per some user's request, also dropping price to $17,000.

Walk around of truck:

Start up, idle, revs:

Pending to meeeeeeeee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom