Ghetto seat cover option (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Was looking to cover up the worn-out leather but I'm currently on a budget. Found these at Canada Walmart for around $80 I think u s Walmart there about 40 bucks for the set. Three headrests two car cover seats 2 seat belt belt covers and sterring wheel cover. Pretty easy to flop them over the seat and tighten up the Bands that has attached them underneath. Wish there were two more headrests for the front seats so I could pop holes in them and push the headrests down to hold the actual seat covers in place. Use the third seat cover over the center armrest .
20190714_185157.jpg
20190714_184916.jpg
20190714_184823.jpg
20190714_184908.jpg
Look okay right now I'll report back how well they wear after a few weeks.

My FJ45LV had a blanket seat cover just like that. Love it.

I bought another brand of seat covers from Walmart for another vehicle of mine.

The UV light broke down the "fabric" and now the fibers (polyester / plastic) are blowing around in the car and even though no one has even sat in the back seat, the seat cover has torn due to the shrink and the heat and the UV light breaking down all of it.

I have literally ripped them out of the car, being heavily disappointed at what the quality was. However, they were only $30 each to begin with, so there's that.

You cannot find the real blanket seat covers anymore. They are all polyester recycled material knock-offs and quality is horrible.

We used to have one in our farm pickup in 1978 and it lasted for 20 years until it went to the salvage yard because the cab fell off with 350K+ miles on it (Chevy)

for 40 bucks I'd be in but for 100 Canadian it's a tough sell. I'm google challenged as I can't find a temporary solution to the front 2 seats without it costing me some serious $

I bought Cabela's Trail Gear seat covers for mine through Cabela's online and have been VERY happy with them. $25 each and they have lasted about 5 years each set before they ripped because I screwed up. They are waterproof and fit OK.

I've had them in the truck for a bit so if anyone is interested a bit of an update. Aesthetically they look cool however he certainly are not durable if you're looking to store dogs or grown adults in the second row. They tend to slide here and there and need constant readjustment. Material is fairly thin so certainly they will not hold up to any abuse. for long term heavy used I certainly would not recommend them.

Shifting gears, How does your passenger like the location of the cup holders? I've been looking at those, but was afraid they would crowd an already tight leg room area.

I had similar seat covers in my ol' F100, they were great. You can throw them in the washer when they get nasty, and they don't burn you in the summer.

They are great. Went to a junkyard and paid five bucks each for a smashed up Discovery 2. They pop up with 1 screw on the front and one on the inside. Screw in with just having a small hole. Love having increased cup space and no complaints from the passengers.

picked up the Lseat front covers, last update says they were shipped, fingers crossed and if all goes well i might do the second row as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom