Ghetto FZJ80 MAF housing upgrade! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Qball , you posted the part # for the maf sensor, but do you know what cars to find that on in the salvage yard? I know I can find it doing a search, but just looking for the easy way, thanks.

@Qball , you posted the part # for the maf sensor, but do you know what cars to find that on in the salvage yard? I know I can find it doing a search, but just looking for the easy way, thanks.

Somebody posted a link to ebay for a Subaru part which is a direct fit. Might want to look at that one.

Somebody posted a link to ebay for a Subaru part which is a direct fit. Might want to look at that one.
Ok, found that ok but what about the sensor itself not the housing, the used Toyota part?

Ok, found that ok but what about the sensor itself not the housing, the used Toyota part?

Look for 22204-21010, just about all time period Toyota use that sensor including Tacoma, Corolla, Camry......

Look for 22204-21010, just about all time period Toyota use that sensor including Tacoma, Corolla, Camry......
Perfect, I have a friend with a salvage yard that has a 2000 4runner in it, should be right, I'll check. The last three trips I've been out there he has sent me away with no charge - switch blanks, hazard switch, plugs, bolts, nuts, etc. Maybe I will have to give 5 bucks for it.

Anybody have any info on re-wiring the connector for the new sensor? If I remember you have to swap some pins around?

What is your gas mileage now?

The usual really bad 10-11MPG. It is expected as the old girl put on more weight as time goes. Added tons of stuff since the thread was active almost 3 years ago. I added a bumper, winch, roof rack and much more but I also moved and live in an area with a bit more hills so not surprising. I still think the upgrade is worthwhile because even with all that weight I put on she still goes fine.....relatively speaking.

The usual really bad 10-11MPG. It is expected as the old girl put on more weight as time goes. Added tons of stuff since the thread was active almost 3 years ago. I added a bumper, winch, roof rack and much more but I also moved and live in an area with a bit more hills so not surprising. I still think the upgrade is worthwhile because even with all that weight I put on she still goes fine.....relatively speaking.
What was the mileage initially without all the gear? I’m looking to add MPG vc I’m averaging 10-11

What was the mileage initially without all the gear? I’m looking to add MPG vc I’m averaging 10-11

I am not trying to open the debate about whether or not a different MAF will affect mileage, but I will say I have been running the Landtank MAF for 12ish years and have no reason to believe I have realized any mileage increase due to the MAF. IMHO, the only way I get better mileage is to be well maintained while driving under 75mph. I always see improvements driving slower regardless of my load. I like my butt dyno feedback on the Landtank MAF though:)

When I was close to stock I averaged 13-14 mixed driving in relatively flat area at sea level. The MAF alone will not net you much but like @LC4LIFE mentioned it’s a combination of a bunch of little improvements.

When I first got the 80 I got about 14 but power was horrible. Put on 33s and everything went to the toilet so did MAF and lots of PM and got back to 13mpg. Then I went to 35s and got the new MAF and O2 and got a little more pep back and MPG back to 13-14. Then I added roof rack and other things and moved to hilly area and now it’s 10-11.

So to sum it up I got much better power and mpg with lots of PM, MAF, O2 and timing advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom