Getting sand blasted by AC! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I live in florida so I play in the mud every once in awile. But afterwords the next couple weeks when I turn on my ac its like a sand storm coming out of the vents. I was wondering if its from the mud being washer down the windshield in to the vent infront of the hood. and after it dries out its pick up by the ac. And if anyone has any ideas to stop this.

I've had the same thing happen to me after mudding. I don't think there's a way to stop it, unless you block off the cowl vent before washing all the mud off. If you run it in recirculation mode (cabin air), it won't suck the sandy air in from outside.
If you're like me though, the windows are down while you're running through the mud, and it goes directly into the vents anyway!

You could probably make a simple filter at the AC intake, use a breather, or a small filter of some sort.

yeh I was thinking that too.
Does the sloted vent infront of the windshield tie into the ac at all . Because thats were im getting most my mud into .

Does the sloted vent infront of the windshield tie into the ac at all . Because thats were im getting most my mud into .

Yes it does. If you make sure you clean it out you probably won't have the issue.

Yes. This is where the air comes from for the cabin air inlet on the passenger side right behind the windshield wiper motor. Through those vents below the windshield is also where the dirt and leaves get in that plug up the drains. on either side.

This is just one of the many reasons why we h8 mud!

:D

no i laugh every time it happens. being that in florida you got to love mud being thats all we have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom