Getting ready to do the Pesky Heater Hose on 97 LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well I am about to flush the radiator and install a new starter on my 97 Landcruiser, so I figured I might as well do the dreaded PHH. Anybody have any words of advice? Or condolences? I'm starting on it Sunday here in Vegas if anyone wants to come watch me self implode.

Search all of the old threads and find out where others have had problems. Get all of the needed tools, a Dremel comes in handy for cutting the clamps. Put in a new thermostat now while the cooling system is empty. Once you get done it is good to know you will never have to deal with it again.

Broke down in Vegas-- HELP

Anyone,

I stopped off here in Vegas to stay for a couple of days w/ some friends. Yesterday i went to do an errand and as i was pulling away from a stop sign in this strip mall, i heard a loud bang and then nothing, no forward motion. thought that my tranny died. Someone helped me push my 80 into a stall. Looked down at the right rear drive axle area and lo and behold, oil was pouring out. About 3 years ago the same thing happened and i replaced the drive axles with some heavy duty ones from Slee. Now, my tranny has started slipping but i figure the cause is that the lock nuts came loose and backed out again. Really i am hoping that this is the only reason this happened. I could use some help ASAP. Does anyone know a good mechanic here in town whom i could call? I have to get my rig fixed today. Also a mechanic shop that wont ream me? Appreciate any help.

Greg Fox :wrench::wrench::wrench:
801-330-5283

Great Landcruiser Machanic? The Findlay Toyota dealership has a cruiser head in the shop. But vegas dealerships are not on the cheap side, typically, unless you can figure out the secret hand shake... Perhaps mentioning TLCA and SNLC may help.

Otherwise, i bring my truck to Sansone's at
1010 North Stephanie Street
Henderson, NV 89014-3077
(702) 456-5549

This guy specializes in Toyota / Lexas. Owner is always at the shop, has been reasonable to me.

Good luck!

Thanks Flank. I will give the Findlay mechanic a call now. Appreciate the help.

Regards

Greg Fox