Getting ready to do a valve cover job and have a few questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Next up on my way through this truck is the valve cover gasket. It's puking oil all over so it needs to be done and I have a few other things I need to clean up when I'm in there or along there. I have the OEM gasket and plug gaskets, however I need a couple of other part numbers that i can't seem to find. When I remove the intake hose above the cover, the two clamps one by the MAF sensor and one by the Intake manifold need to be replaced and I can't find the part number for those specifically. I am also going to do the plug wires as one has cracked at the distributor cap. The plastic covers that cover the plug wires over on the valve cover need replaced or at a minimum, the bolts that attach it to the valve cover replaced as at least one is pretty stripped out. Once the plug wires are out, I will also replace the plugs. What is the preferred gap setting as rock auto lists 3 different gaps .032, .040 and .044.

Short story: Part numbers for the following -

OEM Air Intake tube clamps
OEM Plug wire covers over valve cover
recommended plug wires ( i have the Denso part number that I'm looking at)
preferred plugs - looking at the Denso ones, just unsure on the preferred gap setting

Thanks for the help

Ryan

If you're replacing old parts with OEM, why not ask the dealer? They have all the part numbers. If you're not replacing them with OEM, the part numbers are useless.

Also, different year models have different part numbers. Without knowing what year you have, no one can reliably give you an answer.

Having said all that, here's your fishing lesson:

Welcome to LCPC
Parts catalog for Toyota Land Cruiser
LAND CRUISER | US | Toyota | Catalog | PartSouq Auto Parts Around the World

Oh, and the preferred plug gap is in the FSM. Along with every other preferred spec.
upload_2018-3-8_11-20-59.png

If you're replacing old parts with OEM, why not ask the dealer? They have all the part numbers. If you're not replacing them with OEM, the part numbers are useless.

Also, different year models have different part numbers. Without knowing what year you have, no one can reliably give you an answer.

Having said all that, here's your fishing lesson:

Welcome to LCPC
Parts catalog for Toyota Land Cruiser
LAND CRUISER | US | Toyota | Catalog | PartSouq Auto Parts Around the World

Oh, and the preferred plug gap is in the FSM. Along with every other preferred spec.
View attachment 1649190

That's my bad and sorry about that. 1995 OBD II so i believe later. I was using the online parts catalog however I could not find or see the reference to the clamp or plastic plug cover. As far as the Denso vs. OEM, I can find those just "fishing" for somebody that has done it.

Last edited:
As I said, the dealers have all the part numbers; call one and ask, they'll give it to you. They use the same catalog pages PartSouq and others do; theirs are just more current.

If you're replacing old parts with OEM, why not ask the dealer? They have all the part numbers.

From my experience with local dealerships many of them couldn't find their ass if you gave them a mirror. Having the PN's is almost a prerequisite in my neck of the woods.

Granted.
17881-61110
upload_2018-3-8_11-56-11.png

11212-66011, 11219-66011
upload_2018-3-8_11-57-0.png

Dealership was terrible to work with. That photo was exactly what I was looking for. 11212 and 11219 are what I need, the other photo shows the older style intake, would that 17881A still work or is it the 17882A?

Last edited:
deleted triple post

96111-10930
upload_2018-3-8_14-31-56.png

From my experience with local dealerships many of them couldn't find their ass if you gave them a mirror. Having the PN's is almost a prerequisite in my neck of the woods.

AMEN!....Heck.... mine didn’t even know what a flipping Fuseable link was! The dumb ash looked at me like I just landed from Mars! I don’t go into dealer (stealer) ships anymore.......

Is there a compiled list of everything you should replace doing the VCG?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom